I absolutely LOVE french fries, but I always feel a little bit guilty when I finish off a large fry and then eat the fries my kids left behind.
I have started making homemade fries and baking them in the oven to curb my cravings for fries and they are my new favorite.
These Easy Baked Taco Fries only take around 10 minutes to prepare and come out crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
The homemade taco seasoning makes these fries so flavorful!
How to make oven baked fries:
Making traditional french fries at home usually means a mess of hot oil and a house that smells like you’ve deep fried everything in sight.
Once you try these baked homemade fries, you’ll never go back to the fried version.
Start by scrubbing your potatoes clean and then patting them dry with paper towels.
Cut each potato in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 4 wedges or slices. If you want thinner fries, you can cut each wedge in half again.
Place the cut potatoes in a gallon-sized resealable bag and drizzle two tablespoons of olive oil in the bag.
Seal the bag and shake to coat the potatoes completely in oil.
To make the homemade taco seasoning, combine chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.
Pour the homemade taco seasoning into the bag over the potatoes then seal the bag again and shake until the potatoes are evenly coated in seasoning.
Spread the fries in an even layer on a baking sheet sprayed generously with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake at 450 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, or until the fries are crispy and golden brown on the outside.
If you want extra crispy fries, turn the broiler in your oven on high and broil for 1-2 minutes until you reached desired doneness.
Related Recipe: Baked Red Potato Wedges
Family-Friendly Weekly Menu Plans
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!
The best homemade fries recipes:
- Baked Seasoned Steak Fries
- Easy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries with Spicy Aioli
- Baked Red Potato Wedges
- Baked Potato Wedges and Utah’s Famous Fry Sauce
Easy Baked Taco Fries Recipe
- 6 Russet potatoes (washed and cut into wedges)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Wash potatoes and dry with paper towels.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 4 wedges. Cut each wedge in half again depending on size of potato and desired size.
- Place cut potatoes in a resealable bag and pour olive oil on top.
- Seal bag and shake until potatoes are coated in olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Pour spice mixture into bag, seal and shake to coat again.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray, and spread potatoes out in an even layer on the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway through, until wedges are golden brown and crisp on the outside.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
We love making homemade fries, especially when they are baked instead of fried! These Baked Sweet Potato Fries are crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. Watch the video below to see how easy they are to make: