Cut into wedges and seasoned to perfection, these easy baked fries are the perfect side dish.
Baked instead of fried, these wedges cut way back on calories but don’t skimp on flavor. They’re a household staple, especially when we serve them with our favorite hometown Fry Sauce.
what is fry sauce?
Have you ever heard of Utah’s Famous PINK Fry Sauce?
make your own sauce:
- 2/3 cup mayo (light is fine – skip the Miracle Whip and use the real stuff!)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
Mix together until thoroughly blended.
- Substitute BBQ sauce for Ketchup (also known as “Campfire” sauce in a few places)
- Add in some relish
- Add in some tabasco or sriracha for a spicier kick
- Add in a little Worcestershire sauce or liquid smoke
- Add in some spices (paprika, seasoned salt, or garlic salt all taste great)
related article: if you love these baked tater wedges, you’ll want to try our Baked red potato wedges.
How to make baked potato wedges
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Add olive oil to a baking sheet with sides.
Cut each potato into 8 wedges (cut each potato in half length wise, then cut each half into 4 “wedges”).
Combine all dry ingredients into a bag (either Ziploc or paper) and add a few potatoes at a time. Shake to coat well.
Place the potatoes coated side down into the oil in the pan. Continue doing this until all the potatoes have been coated and placed in the oil.
Don’t skip this step! It helps the wedges get extra crispy! Bake for another 20 minutes. Pull wedges out of the oven and then sprinkle with a little kosher salt. Serve hot.
What to serve with baked potato wedges
These are great to serve as a snack when that fry craving hits, but we love them as a side dish, too.
you’ll love these baked potato recipes:
- Baked Seasoned Steak Fries
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries (pictured in the video below)
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries (with spicy aioli – another great dipping sauce!)
- Easy Baked Taco Fries
- Baked Carne Asada Fries
Baked Tater Wedges and Utah’s Famous Fry Sauce Recipe
- 6 Russet Potatoes cut into lengthwise quarters
- 6 Tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil (vegetable oil or canola oil would work too)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Add your oil to a baking sheet with sides.
- Cut each potato into 8 wedges.
- Combine all dry ingredients into bag (either Ziploc or paper) and add a few potatoes at a time. Shake to coat well.
- Place the potatoes coated side down into the oil in the pan.
- Continue doing this until all the potatoes have been coated and placed in the oil.
- Bake for about 20 minutes and then pull out and flip over on the other side. Bake for an extra 20 minutes. Pull wedges out of the oven and then sprinkle with a little kosher salt. Serve hot.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
If you love these baked fries, you’ll love our baked sweet potato fries, too. Watch how to make them over there.