Cut into wedges and seasoned to perfection, these Baked Tater Wedges are the perfect side dish.
Baked instead of fried, these wedges cut way back on calories but don’t skimp on flavor. They’re a household staple, especially when we serve them with our favorite hometown Fry Sauce.
What is fry sauce?
Have you ever heard of Utah’s Famous PINK Fry Sauce? Apparently, the name “Fry Sauce” was coined by the fast food chain Arctic Circle, which originated in Salt Lake City, and it compliments these Tater Wedges perfectly.
People all over the world have their variations of this sauce (it’s not just a Utah thing!), but we would highly recommend trying it if you haven’t. This is how we make it:
Make your own sauce for these Tater Wedges:
- 2/3 cup mayo (light is fine – skip the Miracle Whip and use the real stuff!)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
Don’t love the proportions of fry sauce? It’s easily adaptable to make it your own. Try some of these other flavor combinations to get your perfect sauce:
- Substitute BBQ sauce for Ketchup (also known as “Campfire” sauce in a few places)
- Add in some relish
- Add in some tabasco or sriracha for a spicier kick
- Add in a little Worcestershire sauce or liquid smoke
- Add in some spices (paprika, seasoned salt, or garlic salt all taste great)