I’ve never been a huge chocolate person, but I have a weakness for anything with coconut or fruit. I guess that probably explains why I ate a whole cake of this by myself. Be careful, this stuff really is addicting.
I am a huge fan of this upside down cake. Mostly because it was so easy to make, and was a hit with everyone who tried it.
It only requires a few simple ingredients, and I promise, it will not disappoint.
If you like pineapple upside down cake, this twist on it, will blow your mind (and your tastebuds).
This is the best way to put ripe bananas, or really any bananas to use. It is the perfect dessert, that won’t leave you feeling like you belong in a chocolate coma. It’s simple, quick and delicious.
what is the best way to store these?
I love this recipe, and my family does as well, that we usually don’t have any leftover. However, if you do have some leftover, the best way to store it, is putting it in the fridge.
We recommend placing it in an air tight storage container, and putting it in the fridge.
If you aren’t going to eat it for more than a week, we recommend freezing it. Again the best way to freeze it is placing it in an airtight storage container and putting it in the freezer.
It will last nicely in the freezer for about 2 weeks, and in the fridge, about 3-5 days.
To thaw it, we recommend placing it in the fridge overnight and serving it the next day. You could also give it a little microwave to make it taste like it is fresh out of the oven. It is delicious both cold and warm.
banana cake add ins:
This bread is delicious as is with the butterscotch chips. However if you don’t like butterscotch, here are a few add ins we highly recommend:
- M & M’s
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Chocolate Chips
- Walnuts or pecans
- Cream cheese swirls
watch how to make another banana favorite, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
These Nutella Banana Coconut Hot Pockets make the perfect dessert, breakfast, or snack. They are full of flavor and the perfect way to put ripe bananas to use. Watch how to make them, here:
looking for more banana recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Cream Dessert Salad
- No Bake Banana Cream Pie Cake
- Frozen Chocolate and Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- Chocolate Banana Blender Muffins
Banana Coconut Upside-Down Cake Recipe
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup water
- 6 bananas SLICED INTO 1/4 INCH SLICES
- 1½ cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup butter
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES AND SPRAY 2 (8 INCH) ROUND CAKE PANS WITH COOKING SPRAY.
- WITH AN ELECTRIC MIXER, BEAT CAKE MIX, EGGS, OIL, WATER, AND SOUR CREAM ON LOW UNTIL COMBINED. BEAT ON HIGH FOR AN ADDITIONAL 2 MINUTES.
- COVER BOTTOM OF BOTH CAKE PANS WITH BANANA SLICES.
- IN A SMALL SAUCEPAN MELT BUTTER. ADD BROWN SUGAR AND LEMON JUICE AND HEAT UNTIL DISSOLVED. POUR HALF OF THE BROWN SUGAR MIXTURE INTO EACH OF THE 2 ROUND CAKE PANS OVER THE BANANAS.
- SPRINKLE COCONUT OVER THE BROWN SUGAR MIXTURE AND BANANAS.
- SPLIT CAKE BATTER, AND DISTRIBUTE OVER THE COCONUT INTO BOTH PANS.
- BAKE 35-40 MINUTES OR UNTIL TOOTHPICK IN THE CENTER COMES OUT CLEAN. REMOVE FROM OVEN AND LET SIT FOR 5 MINUTES. WHILE IT'S STILL PRETTY WARM, FLIP CAKE PANS ONTO SERVING DISHES. THE CAKE SHOULD SLIDE RIGHT OUT!
Adapted From: Quick-Dish.Tablespoon.com
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!