This Easter Bunny Pudding Dirt Cake is so delicious and a great Easter cake recipe to make.
You can share it with friends and family and form a new Easter tradition.
Everyone will love this Easter dirt cake so make sure to keep the link to this pudding dirt cake handy because it will be asked for.
Plus this is a fun dessert that you can make with your kids and get them involved in the creative aspect of the dessert.
Once you have this dirt cake made, it will be the star of the show and super adorable. I love making this dessert every year because it is super simple and still super delicious.
For more fun and delicious recipe to make for Easter check out our cookie dough easter eggs, easy easter sugar cookies, and plan the perfect Easter dinner with our collection of 20 fantastic Easter dinner recipes.
Ingredients You’ll Need For Our Easter Bunny Pudding Dirt Cake Recipe:
- Oreo cookies
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Cool Whip
- Instant chocolate pudding mix
- Shredded sweetened coconut
- Green food coloring
- Easter Peeps
- Candy eggs (of your choice)
How To Make Our Easter Bunny Pudding Dirt Cake Recipe:
Once you have your Oreos crushed, spread half of them into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan.
Then in a mixing bowl you will need to combine the butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar.
Continue mixing it all together until they come together creamy and smooth. Fold in half of the Cool Whip and set aside.
Now in another medium mixing bowl combine the instant pudding mix and the cold milk and whisk it together until it is well combined.
When that is done, get out a large bowl and combine the cream cheese mixture with the pudding and continue mixing it all together.
Next, you will need to carefully spread out the pudding creamy cheese mix over top of the crushed Oreos.
Sprinkle the remaining crushed Oreos on the pudding, then spread the remaining Cool Whip on the top and place the dish in the fridge to let it chill for 3-4 hours.
When you are ready to serve the cake pull it out from the fridge and finish off the toppings.
You will need to use a gallon sized ziplock bag and add the shredded coconut and a few drops of green food coloring to the bag.
Seal the bag up and give it a good shake until all the coconut has taken on the green color. Add more coloring depending on how light or dark you want the “grass” to be.
Once you have the color you like, take the coconut out of the bag and spread it out over top of the crushed Oreos.
Now just take the peeps and eggs out the packaging and arrange them how you’d like, and then serve the cake and enjoy!
To Make This Creative Dirt Cake Recipe You Will Need:
- 9×13 inch pan (I like to use a glass one like THIS so you can see the fun layers)
- Mixing bowls (3)
- Toothpicks (optional)
What is the Difference Between Sweetened and Unsweetened Coconut?
Sometimes I feel like I have almost everything I need in the pantry when I make something and then realize I have a slightly different ingredient. Like in this recipe it calls for sweetened coconut instead of unsweetened coconut. So what really is the difference?
From looking at the coconut there doesn’t seem to be much difference, but the taste is definitely different. Taste of Home has a great article about what type of coconut to use in recipes and their differences.
For this recipe I would not say that unsweetened coconut is ideal, but could work in a pinch. However you might want to try tossing it with some powdered sugar to add a little sweetness to the coconut.
Tips and Tricks
To crush the Oreos either place them in a food processor or blender and chop them up. Or but them in a large zip lock bag and use a rolling pin to crush them.
If you are having a hard time keeping your Peeps in place, place a toothpick in the bottom half the way and stick it in the cake to stablize it a little more.
Related Recipe: Want more pudding cake? Try our EASY Chocolate Pudding Cake!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Mix Up Your Easter Recipes with Some to These Delicious and Fun Recipes:
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Easter Eggs Recipe
- Easter Egg Basket Cupcakes
- Snicker’s Bar Easter Train
- Bite Size Carrot Cakes Recipe
- Homemade Reese’s Eggs Recipe
Easter Bunny Pudding Dirt Cake Recipe
- 14.3 ounces Oreo Cookies 1 package
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounces Cool Whip Whipped Topping thawed and divided
- 2 packages instant chocolate pudding mixes (3.4 ounces each)
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- green food coloring
- 1 package Easter peeps
- candy eggs (can use Cadbury mini eggs, jelly beans, or M & M candy eggs – anything colorful works great!)
- Spread half of the crushed Oreos in the bottom of a 9×13" pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar until creamy and smooth. Fold in half of the Cool Whip and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together milk and pudding until completely combined.
- Combine cream cheese mixture and chocolate pudding mixture in a big bowl and spread over the top of the Oreos in the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining Oreos on top of the pudding mixture.
- Carefully spread the remaining Cool Whip on top of the Oreos.
- Place the cake in the fridge and let chill for 3-4 hours.
- Before serving, remove cake from fridge.
- In a gallon-sized Ziploc bag, add coconut and a few drops of green food coloring. Mix together until all the coconut is tinted lightly green. Add more food coloring to get the shade of green you want to make a coconut grass for the top of the cake.
- Arrange the coconut grass, Peeps, and candy eggs on the top of the cake.
- To crush the Oreo cookies, you could pulse it in a blender, pulse it in a food processor, or place the cookies in a Ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin. If you are struggling to get the Peeps to stand up straight, use a toothpick stuck into the cake to prop them up.
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
- 3 Mixing bowls
- toothpicks optional
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.