It is soup season, and I could not be happier about it. I am usually not a lover of clams, or any fish food, but this clam chowder is an exception, because it is out of this world good.
My favorite soup growing up was clam chowder. I loved the creamy taste, and I especially love when you get a little piece of clam in your bite. Happy Soup Season.
It only takes a few minutes to throw together, and if you are looking to make it even more delicious, I highly recommend eating it in a bread bowl, or dip our Easy Cheesy Sticks in your chowder.
Your tastebuds will go wild.
Could this be made into a freezer meal?
This recipe could most definitely be made into a freezer meal. I will sometimes make a double batch, then place the other half in gallon bags, once it has cooled down.
I would eat it within 2 months of making.
What does the red wine vinegar do to the soup?
The red wine vinegar in this recipe, is for that extra spark of flavor. It has a very unique taste, that brings out a savory and sweet side to the clam chowder.
If you do not have red wine vinegar, your chowder will still taste delicious, however, we highly recommend it.
It only calls for two tablespoons, so if you don’t have it, or choose to go without it, it won’t make a huge difference.
You could even replace the two tablespoons of red wine vinegar with one tablespoon of apple cider or white wine vinegar.
We have just found that the red wine vinegar, gives it the best taste.
Watch how to make our favorite, Easy Cheesy Bread:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your picky eaters will like it, too.
This bread is so delicious to dip in the soup. It is also incredibly easy to make. Watch how to make our Easy Cheesy Bread, here:
Have you heard about our restaurant copycat cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook,Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
Thiscookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Looking for more soup recipes?
- Slow Cooker Nacho Grande Soup
- Slow Cooker 8 Can Taco Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Ground Turkey Sausage Ravioli Soup
- The Best Homemade Chili
- Slow Cooker New England Clam Chowder
Delicious Clam Chowder Recipe
- 3 (6.5 ounce) minced clams
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 2 cups red potatoes cubed
- 1 cup carrots diced
- ¾ cup butter
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 quart half and half
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- to taste pepper
- 3 strips turkey bacon cooked and crumbled
- Drain juice from clams into a large skillet over the onions, celery, potatoes and carrots.
- Add enough water to cover the vegetables. Cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour until smooth. Whisk in cream and keep stirring until it is thick and smooth.
- Stir in veggies and clam juice. Heat through, but do not boil.
- Stir in clams just before serving. When clams are heated through, stir in vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
From All Recipes