One of my husband’s favorite foods is BBQ ribs, but they always make such a mess on our grill and this time of year, we can’t exactly go outside and grill in the snow.
So when I heard that you could make ribs in the crock pot, I put it to the test.
These were absolutely delicious. They were so tender and so juicy, I may never experience any other rib recipe again.
This only took a few simple ingredients and was full of flavor. You will love these easy and delicious Crock Pot BBQ Ribs, that come together in a matter of minutes.
what are some simple side dishes to serve with this?
I love a good old country style dinner. These ribs are exactly that, but so simple to throw in a slow cooker or crock pot and have ready by dinner time.
If you need a few side dish ideas that are quick and easy, to serve with these ribs, here is what I recommend:
- Easy Homemade Cornbread
- Healthier Honey Cornbread Muffins
- Mexican Street Corn
- Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- Brown Sugar and Bacon Green Beans
- Spicy BBQ Root Beer Baked Beans
could i make this recipe with any type of ribs?
This recipe calls for a rack of ribs. However, I have made this using boneless pork ribs and they were absolutely delicious.
They do cook a little differently, and the meat has more juice to it, that is released when it is cooked, so they came out not as saucy, from all the excess rib juice.
However, they were still delicious.
Depending on which ribs you try, they may need more or less cooking time, depending on what you decide, rib wise. Either way, this recipe is delicious with any kind of ribs.
Related recipe: If you love boneless ribs, try our Slow Cooker Country Style BBQ Ribs!
How to make ribs in the slow cooker:
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray (honestly, we’d recommend using a slow cooker liner for this recipe to make your cleanup easier).
In a small bowl, mix together mustard, salt, garlic powder, seasoned salt, brown sugar, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
Rub both sides of the rack of ribs with the seasoning mixture. Cut the ribs into 4-6 pieces (about 2-3 ribs each piece) and place in slow cooker.
Cook ribs in your crock pot on high for 4-6 hours. Add your favorite BBQ sauce and cook for an additional 1-2 hours.
Remove ribs from slow cooker and serve.
Note: if you want to caramelize your BBQ sauce on the ribs, line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, place ribs on top, and brush with more BBQ sauce. Place pan in oven preheated to 400 degrees and cook for 8-10 minutes.
have you ever made ribs in the instant pot? watch how, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
These Instant Pot Fall Off The Bone BBQ Ribs are easy to make, and literally are ready to eat in minutes. They are so tender and juicy, you won’t believe how simple they are. Watch how to make them, HERE.
See the full recipe and step by step instructions for making ribs in the Instant Pot HERE.
looking for more rib recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Slow Cooker BBQ Country Style Ribs
- Instant Pot Fall Off the Bone BBQ Ribs
- Easy Smoked BBQ Ribs
- Slow Cooker Short Ribs
- Apple Butter BBQ Spare Ribs
Crock Pot BBQ Ribs Recipe
- 1 2-3 lb rack of ribs
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- dash cayenne pepper
- 2-3 Tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ Sauce we love Famous Dave's Rich and Sassy
- Line slow cooker with a slow cooker liner (optional) and then spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together mustard, salt, garlic powder, seasoned salt, brown sugar, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Rub both sides of rack of ribs with seasoning mixture. Cut ribs into 4-6 pieces and place in slow cooker. Pour water in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cook ribs in crock pot on high 4-6 hours. Add BBQ sauce and then cook for an additional 1-2 hours.
- Remove ribs from crock pot and serve.
- Slow Cooker