The best part about making restaurant recipes at home, is not having to pay a tip! And maybe getting to stay in your pajamas, and avoiding packing up all the kids. And it’s cheaper. Honestly there are a ton of reasons we love making restaurant recipes from home!
The Chicken Madeira from The Cheesecake Factory has always been my favorite. We whipped it up at home for less than half the cost and time. Now the whole family loves it! We may never go out to eat again.
How to pound chicken breasts
For the best results in this recipe, you’ll want 1/4 inch thick chicken breasts. We know they don’t come that thin, so here are some simple instructions on pounding them thinner.
- Place one chicken breast at a time into a large resealable bag, pressing out as much air as possible when sealing.
- Using a meat mallet, kitchen hammer, or rolling pin, pound the chicken to an even 1/4 inch thickness
- Remove the chicken breast and repeat with remaining chicken.
- This is a great time to cut off any unwanted fat on the chicken.
Copycat Chicken Madeira Sauce
The tastiest part of this recipe is the delicious sauce drizzled on top, with sauteed mushrooms and a buttery balsamic flavor.
Here’s how to make the Cheesecake Factory Chicken Madeira sauce at home:
- In the same skillet used for cooking the chicken, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Add sliced white mushrooms and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, balsamic vinaigrette, beef stock, and brown sugar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the sauce has reduced by about 50%.
- Drizzle this delicious sauce over your chicken and even your mashed potatoes!
Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette
Chicken Madeira doesn’t taste quite as good without a delicious balsamic vinaigrette in the sauce and in the marinade.
You can buy balsamic vinaigrette by the salad dressing at your grocery store, or whip up your own real quick at home.
Here’s our quick recipe for homemade balsamic vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Whisk all ingredients together until combined
Cheesecake Factory Copycat Recipes
We love copycat recipes from our favorite restaurants because we get to enjoy our favorite foods at home!
If you loved this Copycat Chicken Madeira for dinner, try out Cheesecake Factory Oreo Cheesecake for dessert!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Side dishes for copycat chicken madeira
If you’re going for the full restaurant experience, we like to serve ours with Easy Broiled Asparagus and Homemade Mashed Potatoes just like the cheesecake factory.
Here are a few other sides that go great with Chicken Madeira:
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
In this recipe we show you how to make roasted asparagus three different ways!