I’ll be honest….I am 29 years old and I’ve never tried brussels sprouts. I know, shameful! I can be a little bit of a picky eater but I knew if they were glazed with honey and tossed with bacon and dried cranberries that I could definitely get on board.
These brussels sprouts did not disappoint! I served them with our Baked Saltine Cracker Chicken and it was the perfect weeknight meal!
Honey Glazed Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 16 ounces Brussels Sprouts 1 package
- ½ pound bacon diced
- 1 onion diced
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Fill a large pot with water and boil brussels sprouts for 10 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place diced bacon in a large skillet over medium heat and cook until evenly browned, about 5-8 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon and place cooked bacon on a paper towel-lined plate, leaving bacon drippings in skillet.
- Add onion to skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add honey and soy sauce and cook until mixture begins to bubble.
- Pour honey mixture over cooked brussels sprouts in large pot and heat over medium-high heat.
- Fold in cooked bacon, dried cranberries and pine nuts and cook for 3-5 minutes, gently stirring.
- Serve warm.
- large pot
- Large Skillet
- Slotted Spoon