Cowboy Caviar Dip will quickly become one of your favorite appetizers to throw together. The flavors are amazing!
Earlier this summer, my family and I made the trek down to Meadow, Utah to spend some time with my husband’s extended family.
While we were there, we had some fun family dinners and my husband’s cute aunt made the most delicious dip. I asked what it was and she responded with “Cowboy Caviar”.
Apparently that’s a pretty popular dish and everyone knows about it . . . except for me!
We have a similar dish on the blog (Black Bean and Corn Salsa), but this one had a little different flavor because of one key ingredient- Italian dressing! I know it sounds weird, but hear me out: THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!
I loved it even more the next day, after the flavors melded together overnight.
Trust me – you will love it!
If you love a good dip, be sure to check out our popular Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip.
This recipe is part of our 55 of the Best Appetizers for Christmas Potluck (Favorite Party Foods)
Ingredients in Cowboy Caviar Dip:
- roma tomatoes
- black beans
- canned corn
- red onion
- green bell pepper
- garlic powder
- Italian dressing (I used Wishbone Robusto Italian)
- fresh cilantro
How to make Cowboy Caviar Dip:
This dip is super simple to make – basically chop everything up and toss it together in a big bowl.
You can make this a day in advance if you need to, just cover it and keep it in the fridge. Give it a good stir before serving.
The secret to the best dip is to dice everything so that it’s about the same size. I try to keep all the vegetables about the size of the black beans.
If you want everything to be the same size, check out our favorite chopper – it works great for onions!
Related recipe: If you love our Cowboy Caviar, you’ll love our Cowboy DIP, too! Get the recipe HERE.
Looking for more dips? Try these ones:
- Warm Chili Cheese Dip
- Easy French Onion Dip (5 minute recipe)
Fresh Cowboy Caviar – Healthy Side Dish or Appetizer Recipe
- 5-6 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed (15 ounce can)
- 1 can corn drained (14 ounce can)
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 Tablespoons diced jalapenos more or less, depending on how hot you prefer it
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup Italian dressing I used Wishbone Robusto Italian
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Mix together tomatoes, black beans, corn, onion, avocado, green pepper, and jalapenos in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle garlic powder on top, then stir in dressing and cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips (I suggest using the "scoop" chips- you are going to want to get a lot of this with every bite!).
- There are many recipes for Cowboy Caviar- this is the one my family uses. 🙂 Many people add black-eyed peas – feel free to do what you like!
- Large Mixing Bowl
There are many recipes for Cowboy Caviar- this is the one my family uses. 🙂 Many people add black-eyed peas – feel free to do what you like!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.