how could i make these more healthy?
Although these are better than eating a candy bar, or something sugary, they aren’t necessarily a diet food.
If you are looking to make them more healthy, here is what we recommend:
-Replace the cream cheese: This is really what makes the roll ups stick together and give it a little liquid, however, you can also replace the cream cheese with Greek yogurt cream cheese, or 1/3 less fat cream cheese.
We also recommend using cottage cheese or Greek yogurt, instead of cream cheese. They will be a little more liquidy than cream cheese, so you will want to add a little less.
–Use Whole Wheat Tortilla’s: Whole wheat tortillas are a great way to add a little fiber to your diet. They also have spinach or vegetable ones that would also work, and add a little more nutritional value to them.
have you heard about our restaurant copycat cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
have a sweet tooth? We have just the cure. Watch how to make our favorite dessert, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created it just for you. We wanted to show you how simple and delicious our recipes are.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. We answer all your questions, and help you get the recipe, perfect, each and every time you make it.
If you are looking for more simple and delicious recipes, head over to our channel and check them out.
We love baking, and one of our favorite things to bake is our, Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies.
Watch how to make our Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies, here:
looking for more appetizer recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
Mexican Tortilla Wrap Roll-Ups Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 can refried beans
- 10-12 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup peas (I used frozen peas that had been thawed)
- ½ cup carrots diced small
- ½ cup red bell peppers diced (green peppers look pretty too)
- ½ cup green onions chopped
- 1 can sweet corn (I used Green Giant Niblets)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a mixer, blend cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Mix in taco seasoning.
- In the center of each tortilla, put a small stripe of refried beans. On the rest of the tortilla spread the sauce making sure to get the edges. You want a decent amount to make sure all your toppings will stick.
- Sprinkle with toppings and roll up as tight as you can.
- Tuck in the ends and wrap in Saran wrap.
- *Be sure not to over-stuff or they won't roll up.
- Refrigerate overnight or for about 6 hours
- Slice before serving and serve with your favorite salsa (we love Chili's salsa)!