There is a delicious restaurant here in Utah called Cafe Zupas. They make delicious soups, salads, and sandwiches, and of course desserts.
You feel super healthy ordering this delicious salad or low-fat soup and then you get to the end of the line to pay and they have all these decadent desserts just waiting for you.
And of course, you have to get one. It just wouldn’t be right if you didn’t. I mean, if you have a healthy meal, you can definitely finish it off with a yummy dessert, right?
The last time I was there, I tried one of their rocky road brownies. This brownie was massive and was topped with chocolate, marshmallows, nuts, and more chocolate.
I dreamed about it all night and decided to recreate it at home. Let’s just say that it worked out pretty well.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a pan of brownies that I need to go finish off.
Related Recipe: Calling all chocolate lovers with this MISSISSIPPI MUD CAKE. It’s so easy to make and loaded with moist chocolate cake, gooey marshmallow and delicious chocolate frosting.
Do these freeze well?
These brownies of course taste best when served fresh, and made the same day.
However, if you have some leftover or plan to serve them at a later date, they can definitely freeze, and freeze nicely.
We recommend placing them in an airtight storage container. You could also place them in a ziplock bag, and squeeze all the air out.
They freeze nicely for about 3 weeks.
To thaw, we recommend removing them from the freezer and placing them on the counter to thaw for about 24 hours.
I still like mine partially frozen in the middle, because I love cold brownies almost as much as I love warm ones. So even after about 4-6 hours, they are definitely edible.
Watch how to make rocky road brownies, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
These Rocky Road Brownies are incredibly easy to make and full of flavor. They are rich and chocolaty and come together in just minutes. If you love rocky road, you will love this delicious brownie twist on them.
Watch how simple they are to make, here:
Looking for more brownie and bar recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Skinny No Bake Coconut Bars
- No Bake S’mores Bars
- No Bake Peanut Butter Chex Bars
- No Bake Peanut Caramel Bars
- No Bake Eclair Cake
Rocky Road Brownies Recipe
- 8 Tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup margarine melted (or butter)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup nuts chopped, optional
- pinch salt
Rocky Road Topping
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Stir cocoa and melted margarine together in a bowl.
- Add sugar and eggs and mix well.
- Add vanilla, flour, nuts and salt. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Remove brownies from oven and top with chocolate chips, marshmallows, and chopped nuts.
- Place back in the oven for about 3 minutes, or until the marshmallows double in size. Remove from oven and let cool. Top with chocolate drizzle (completely optional) and serve.
- Mix all ingredients together. If it's too thick, add a little milk to thin it. If it's too thin, add a little more powdered sugar.
- Mixing Bowl
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
Brownie recipe adapted from our Fudgy Brownies.