If you have some kids that don’t like pie, make these cute Thanksgiving Turkey Cupcakes for them to enjoy instead!
Candy you will need for the cupcakes:
-Wilton candy eyeballs (found at major grocery stores, they are usually by the sprinkles)
-Red frosting (I used pre-made, and found it on the baking aisle, for only a few dollars).
Tips on how to make Thanksgiving Turkey Cupcakes:
- When the cupcakes have come out of the oven, be sure to let them cool completely before spreading on the frosting. If you don’t, the frosting will begin to soften and melt. This will make it difficult for the candy decorations to stay put and they will begin to slide around.
- When you dip your frosting covered cupcake into the sprinkles, I have found it easiest to use a small cereal bowl for the dipping. If there are areas I have missed, I also press a few sprinkles in with my hand, just to be sure the whole area is covered with sprinkles.
Want a homemade chocolate frosting recipe your guests will love?
Our grandma is known for her chocolate frosting. It is so thick, creamy, and chocolatey. Your family is going to love it on these Thanksgiving Turkey Cupcakes.
To find the recipe click here.
Watch how to make our Thanksgiving turkey cupcakes here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. Watch how to make our favorite Thanksgiving Turkey Cupcakes:
Looking for more pie replacement recipes for Thanksgiving?
Need more ideas? Check out this list of 50 of the BEST Thanksgiving dessert recipes!
Thanksgiving Turkey Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 box chocolate cake mix prepared according to directions for 24 cupcakes
- 16 ounces canned chocolate frosting (or your favorite homemade chocolate frosting)
- 1½ cups chocolate sprinkles
- 2 cups candy corn
- 48 Wilton candy eyeballs (found at major grocery stores or HERE)
- red frosting
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions to make 24 cupcakes.
- Bake and let cool completely.
- Frost each cupcake with chocolate frosting.
- Hold cupcake upside down and dip into chocolate sprinkles.
- Push 5 candy corn upside down into the top of your cupcake for feathers.
- Add two candy eyeballs and push a candy corn into the cupcake for a beak.
- Pipe on a little red frosting next to the candy corn beak and enjoy.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!