People always decorate the table for Thanksgiving, but I love to decorate the cupcakes, like these turkey cupcakes. All of the kids (and parents) will enjoy this non-traditional dessert for Thanksgiving.
They are a moist chocolate cupcake topped off with even more chocolate frosting and designed to resemble a turkey with edible items. These are also perfect for a little kid’s birthday who happens to share their magical day with turkey day.
The nice thing about this recipe is you can make it as easy or as hard as you want. We choose to stick with the easy way and focus more on the decoration aspect of the cupcake.
If you want to make some more desserts that are perfect for Thanksgiving, I would suggest trying our Pumpkin Pie Truffles, Pumpkin Spice Oreo Cookie, and of course The Best Dutch Apple Pie Recipe are all great choices!
Ingredients You’ll Need For Our Turkey Cupcake Recipe:
- Box of chocolate cake mix (and any oil and eggs you need according to the packaging)
- Container of chocolate frosting
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Candy corn
- Candy eyeballs (Like THESE ones)
- Red frosting (THIS works great!)
How To Make Our Turkey Cupcake Recipe:
When you are ready to make the turkey cupcakes, prepare the chocolate cupcakes according to the directions on the box. The box mix generally makes about 24 cupcakes.
Bake the cupcakes and let them cool down completely.
Once the cupcakes have cooled down, you will want to spread about 2 tablespoons or so onto each cupcake until the top of the cupcake is fully covered.
In a wide bowl, pour in the chocolate sprinkles. Then after the cupcakes have been frosted, turn the cupcake upside down, and slightly push the cupcake into the sprinkles trying to get them to cover the cupcake.
Then, take 5 pieces of candy corn and push them into one side of the cupcake upside down and next to eachother to create the feathered tail of the turkey.
Now on the opposite side of the cupcake place two candy eyeballs with little space inbetween.
Then place one more piece of candy corn with the bigger side in the cupcake to make the beak.
Once you have that in place take the red frosting to make a little line next to the candy corn to make the snood (yes that is actually the name!).
Then they are ready to serve or eat!
To Make This Easy Recipe for Kids You Will Need:
- Cupcake pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Small bowl
Homemade Chocolate Frosting
To make this recipe quick and easy we have the original recipe using a container of frosting from the grocery store, but you can make your own if you have the time!
Lauren’s latest has an easy chocolate frosting recipe you can make in place of the container of chocolate frosting.
Make Your Own Brown Sugar!
You can also make your own chocolate cake mix if you are up to it! Simply scratch has an easy chocolate cake mix recipe that you can use in place of the box of cake mix.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Feast Your Eyes On These Delicious Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Creamy Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- Easy Double Layer Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Cake Recipe
- Homemade Corn Bread Dressing Recipe
- Slow Cooker Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Thanksgiving Turkey Cupcakes Recipe
- 15.25 ounces chocolate cake mix prepared according to directions for 24 cupcakes
- 16 ounces chocolate frosting (or your favorite homemade chocolate frosting)
- 1½ cups chocolate sprinkles
- 2 cups candy corn
- 48 Wilton candy eyeballs (found at major grocery stores or HERE)
- red frosting
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions to make 24 cupcakes.
- Bake and let cool completely.
- Frost each cupcake with chocolate frosting.
- Hold cupcake upside down and dip into chocolate sprinkles.
- Push 5 candy corn upside down into the top of your cupcake for feathers.
- Add two candy eyeballs and push a candy corn into the cupcake for a beak.
- Pipe on a little red frosting next to the candy corn beak and enjoy.
- To make this recipe quick and easy we have the original recipe using a container of frosting from the grocery store, but you can make your own if you have the time!
- Cupcake Baking Tin
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Hand mixer
- small bowl
This post was included in our 10 EASIEST Thanksgiving Desserts video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.