Zucchini Tuscan Skillet Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into strips)
- 4 ounces fresh semi-dried tomato strips in oil (chopped) *See Notes
- 3.5 ounce sun dried tomatoes in oil (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 1¼ cup thickened cream (or half and half)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- dried basil to taste
- red chili pepper flakes to taste
- 2 large zucchini (made into Zoodles, use a vegetable grater if you don't have a Zoodle grater)
- Heat the butter in a pan/skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken strips and sprinkle with salt. Pan fry until the chicken is golden browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Add both semi-dried and sun dried tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the oil from the jar (optional but adds extra flavour), and add the garlic; sauté until fragrant. (While the chicken is browning, prepare your Zoodles with a Zoodle maker OR with a normal vegetable peeler.)
- Lower heat, add the cream and the Parmesan cheese; simmer while stirring until the cheese has melted through. Sprinkle over salt, basil and red chilli flakes to your taste.
- Stir through the Zoodles and continue to simmer until the zoodles have softened to your liking (about 5-8 minutes) and serve.
Need a new skillet?
This one is my favorite:
Looking for more zucchini recipes?
These are some of my favorites!
- Chicken Zucchini Casserole
- Cinnamon Zucchini Cake
- Baked Zucchini Bites
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Cookies
- Chicken and Zucchini Stir-fry
Our new cookbook, Dinner Made Easy, is now available for SALE!
With over 100 easy main dishes to help you get dinner on the table, meal time will be a breeze!