When I first heard of this concoction, I didn’t think I could do it.
A sweet breakfast bread with chicken? life changing.
It is seriously such a yummy combo. And the buttermilk syrup brings it all together. So tasty, and so easy. This is a perfect treat for tailgates, parties, or even a fun dinner.
And the buttermilk syrup – I could honestly just eat it with a spoon. Okay, I may have taken a few bites with a spoon.
Tips for making the syrup:
Syrup isn’t too tricky. It’s a lot easier than making candy, or caramel, and this buttermilk syrup only requires a few simple ingredients.
Here are a few tips for making the buttermilk syrup:
-This recipe bubbles really high. You will want a tall pot when making this, so it doesn’t cook over the top of the pan, because it will. It grows fast, when it boils.
-Don’t forget to stir throughout the entire process. This will keep the syrup from burning on the bottom. If you do see that it is starting to burn, lower the stove temperature.
-The stirring will also keep it from thickening up. If you let it sit at room temperature very long, it will get thick fast. It’s best to stir throughout cooking.
Shortcuts for this recipe:
I am a shortcut taker all the way. If you check this recipe, the chicken and waffles are both frozen and pre-made that I bought at the store. I love the Tyson Chicken strips in this recipe.
I also love the toaster waffles that cook in seconds. However, I understand that not everyone loves that. However, I do, and I prefer the chewy texture.
If you are looking for a homemade waffle recipe, check out our, Homemade Waffle recipe. It is light, fluffy, and perfect every time.
If you don’t want to make your own syrup, you could also purchase your favorite. I love this buttermilk syrup, because it just has a creamy sweet taste, and the maple doesn’t over power.
But if you are a maple lover, you may prefer buying maple syrup, over making the buttermilk syrup.
How should I store this syrup?
If you have any leftover syrup, you can store it. It will store nicely in the fridge. Be sure to store it in a microwave safe container, because you may need to heat it up a little before using.
I also recommend eating this syrup, when it is warm. It is the best when served warm.
Watch here, to see what also pairs perfectly with this syrup:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you can trust your family is going to love it.
Watch how to make our Nutella Stuffed Pancakes, here:
Looking for more brunch recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sliders
- Hash brown and Egg Breakfast Casserole
- Greek Yogurt Honey Breakfast Bowl
- Pumpkin Pull Apart Breakfast Bread
- Freezer Breakfast Burritos
Chicken and Waffle Sliders with Buttermilk Syrup Recipe
- 25 ounces Tyson Chicken strips frozen
- 29.6 ounces Waffles frozen
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Karo syrup
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Cook chicken strips according to package instructions.
- Toast waffles according to package instructions.
- Once chicken and waffles are fully cooked, cut them to desired bite-size shape and dimensions (I cut mine about 1 1/2" by 1 1/2" squares, but you can keep them in their mini circles or squares)
- Heat stove top to medium-high heat.
- Use a large pot so the liquid doesn't boil over.
- Place the butter, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, Karo syrup, and buttermilk in the pot.
- Mix until all the ingredients are fully combined and the mixture begins to bubble.
- Let mixture bubble for about 45 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pot from heat and add the baking soda.
- Mix until well combined.
- Place the pot back on the heat, and let the syrup bubble for another 45 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Take off of heat, continue to stir until it cools down a little and the bubbles disappear.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Big saucepan
Have you seen our new cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!