can other pie flavors be used in this recipe?
- Lemon Pie Filling
- Blueberry Pie Filling
- Raspberry Pie Filling
- Strawberry Pie Filling
how do you store cherry pie bars?
Cherry Pie Bars are easy to make, and easy to store. They can be sliced and stored in an airtight container in the freezer, or in an airtight freezer bag. They are good for up to a month or so in the freezer.
We recently made Cherry Pie Bars and placed some in the freezer. When they were thawed, they were fresh and soft as the day they were made.
Since these Cherry Pie Bars freeze so well, they can easily be made ahead of time.
If you really love cherries, you can add a little more cherry pie filling than what is listed in the recipe.
how to make cherry pie bars
Here are the ingredients needed for Cherry Pie bars. Be sure to make a batch today! You’ll be glad you did.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar.
- Then add in eggs, vanilla, and almond extract and beat well.
- Then add in flour and salt to the creamed mixture and mix until combined.
- Spread 3/4 of the batter into the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Be sure to spread the batter to the edges of the pan.
- Carefully spoon the pie filling over the batter and spread around.
- Drop the remaining 1/4 of the batter by teaspoonfuls onto the cherry pie filling.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let bars cool for about 30 minutes.
- Make the glaze by combining all of the glaze ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle or pipe the glaze over the cooked cherry pie bars.
helpful items used in this recipe
- Hand Mixer – This hand mixer is great for this recipe.
- 9 x 13 Inch Pan – This pan comes with a tight lid.
- Small Spatula – A nice mini spatula that can get into tough places.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
here are more cherry recipes for you to enjoy.
- Bite Sized Cherry Pies
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Cake
- Layered Cherry Cheesecake
- Mini Cherry Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cherry Chunk Brownies
Adapted from Recipe Critic
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
Kristen has a great Instant Pot Apple Dump Cake to share with you!