Have you ever tried our cherry pie bars recipe? It is super good, even people that aren’t a fan of pie will love it. I know from personal experience. 😉
Our cherry pie bars with pie crust is such a delicious take on your traditional pie recipe, but is still one of a kind at the same time. The homemade pie crust gives our easy cherry pie bars recipe so much added flavor.
Even with making your own crust, this is still an easy recipe that even beginners can follow and make one delicious dessert. And since this is like a pie in bar form, it makes it simple to serve at a BBQ this summer and will feed even more than your normal pie size.
Since the summer is the best time to enjoy all the cherry recipes, take a look at our Instant Pot cherry dump cake recipe, layer cherry cheesecake lush dessert recipe, or an all time favorite, our cherry cheesecake cookies!
Ingredients You Need to For Our Cherry Pie Bars Recipe:
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
- Cherry pie filling
- Powdered sugar
How To Make Our Cherry Pie Bars Recipe:
When you are ready to begin making these tasty cherry pie bars, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
Then in a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar until they are completely combined.
Next add in the eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract, and continue beating the mixture together.
Once those are well combined, add in the flour and salt to wet ingredients and continue mixing it all together.
When it is completely mixed together, get out your 9×13 inch pan and spray it with nonstick cooking spray, and pour the batter into the bottom of the pan.
Spread out ¾ of the dough evenly until it reaches all of the edges of the pan. If the dough is sticky, you can spray your hand with nonstick cooking spray and continue to press it down and spread it out.
Now, open the can of cherry pie filling and spread it out as evenly as you can over top of the bottom layer.
Once the pie filling is set, drop the rest of the batter by teaspoonfulls over the batter trying to cover as much of the pie filling as possible.
Then place the pan in the oven and let it bake for about 35 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and have it come out clean.
While that is baking, you can make up the glaze that goes on top.
Combine the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract, and milk in a medium sized mixing bowl and use a hand mixer to mix it all together.
Once it has reached a smooth consistency it is good to go!
Then just drizzle it over the bars once they are done cooking and let everything cool down.
Related Recipe: Looking for more Cherry recipes?! Try our Cherry Cheesecake Dump Cake!
To Make Easy Cherry Pie Bars You Will Need:
- Large mixing bowl
- Hand mixer (THIS one is my favorite!)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Medium mixing bowl
- 9×13 inch pan
Easy Cherry Pie Filling
If you have always wanted to make your own pie filling, this is the perfect time! You can make up your own pie filling ahead of time and use it in all of your favorite recipes, including this one!
My baking addiction has a wonderful homemade cherry pie filling that you can make up easily with all of the delicious cherries you can find this summer. Once you have it made, just swap it out for the can of pie filling and you are good to go!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
- 30 Minutes or Less
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Pantry Essentials
- Slow Cooker
- Freezer Meals
- One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Make More Delicious Bar Recipes This Summer With These Great Recipes:
- Cherry Chocolate Nut Bars Recipe
- No Bake Scotcheroo Bars Recipe
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- S’mores Bars Recipe
- No Bake Peanut Butter Chex Bars Recipe
Cherry Pie Bars Recipe
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling 1 can
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, and almond extract and beat well.
- Add flour and salt to the creamed mixture and mix until combined.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan and spread about 3/4 of the batter in the bottom and be sure to spread to the very edge of the pan.
- If the dough is sticky, spray your finger tips with non stick cooking spray. Spread the pie filling over the batter.
- Drop remaining batter on top of pie filling in teaspoonful amounts. I did about 35 small spoonfuls of batter over the cherry filling to make the top crust.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until toothpick comes clean.
- Combine powdered sugar, vanilla, almond extract and milk until smooth and then drizzle over the bars.
- If you have always wanted to make your own pie filling, this is the perfect time! You can make up your own pie filling ahead of time and use it in all of your favorite recipes, including this one!
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Hand mixer
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
Adapted from Recipe Critic
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.