So a couple of years ago, I attended a bridal shower for my brother-in-law’s future wife and one of the cute women helping with the shower made this salad . . . it was just so fresh and flavorful and the secret ingredient was teriyaki sauce! I probably had a third helping of it during the shower (you know, for testing purposes to make sure that the recipe was blog-worthy . . . ha ha!) and now this is one of my favorite dishes to bring to family get-togethers or parties. It’s perfect year-round and always hit by everyone who tries it!
Serves: 10 people
Chicken Bow Tie Spinach Salad Recipe
An incredibly flavorful salad that's perfect for family parties or get-togethers. You can also leave the chicken out if you prefer.
- 1 pound bow tie pasta cooked
- 2 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 3 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges
- 1 bunch green onions thinly sliced
- 6 ounces dried cranberries
- ½ cup almonds thinly sliced
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup teriyaki sauce
- ⅔ cup white wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix together marinade ingredients. Pour half of marinade in a resealable freezer bag, place other half in a container and place in fridge until later.
- Add chicken and pasta to bag with marinade in it and seal closed. Let pasta and chicken marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, mix together baby spinach, mandarin oranges, green onions, dried cranberries, and almonds. Add pasta and chicken and mix well. Add remaining marinade (as much or as little as you prefer) and mix until all ingredients are coated.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 573 kcal · Carbohydrates: 72 g · Protein: 12 g · Fat: 28 g · Saturated Fat: 19 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 8 mg · Sodium: 890 mg · Potassium: 540 mg · Fiber: 6 g · Sugar: 32 g · Vitamin A: 3277 IU · Vitamin C: 31 mg · Calcium: 102 mg · Iron: 2 mg
Questions & Reviews