I have been in a huge dinner rut lately. I am always eating the same foods, and preparing the same meals this month, I feel like.
I decided I needed to switch it up, and eat something a little more healthy and unique, that I know my family will love.
I came across a cajun chicken repine, and put a little twist on it, with extra veggies, chicken sausage, and sweet potatoes.
The result was amazing, and delicious. If you are needing a quick and healthy dinner recipe, this one is calling your name.
You can easily make this with chicken breasts, but I love this recipe with chicken sausage.
what is cajun?
Did you know cajun dishes come from Louisiana. It is a group of people that stick to a certain type of cooking. This usually includes comfort food, with a mix of veggies and shrimp and sausage.
This particular dish does not have any shrimp, but it does have vegetables and chicken sausage.
It also has a little bit of spice and kick to it. I found a Cajun chicken sausage at the store, but really any sausage would work great.
I have also made this using Italian chicken sausage, and apple chicken sausage. Both tasted amazing.
- I love red onion in mine, but my husband likes when I dice up smaller bits of yellow onion to throw in. He doesn’t love the larger red onion pieces as much, but I can’t get enough of them. Either one would work great for this recipe.
what vegetables would be good in this dish?
For this recipe, we love adding in extra veggies, because when it’s all combined and seasoned, it taste absolutely delicious.
Here are a few recommendations:
- yellow squash
- baby red potatoes
- cherry tomatoes
- bell peppers
You could really add any other veggies you love, but these would be delicious additions to what is already included in the recipe.
looking for more cajun recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Fresh Cajun Pasta
- Chili’s Copycat Grilled Chicken Pasta
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Pommes Frites with Cajun Remoulade
- Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef
Cajun Chicken Sausage Bake Recipe
- 1 sweet potato diced
- ½ cup baby carrots diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken sausages
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- ⅓ cup red onion cut into pieces
- ¼ teaspoon cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, combine the sweet potato pieces, baby carrots, and olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the sweet potato is soft.
- In a skillet or pan, add your chicken sausage, fresh sliced mushrooms and red onion.
- In a small bowl, combine your cajun seasoning, black pepper, garlic salt and onion salt and sprinkle over the ingredients cooking in the pan.
- Once all the veggies have softened and your chicken sausage is golden, add your sweet potatoes, and carrots. Cook until well combined.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
- Baking Sheet
- small bowl
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook,Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!