The weather is forecast to be in the 70’s ALL WEEK. I just about shouted for joy! I love finally being able to walk outside with a jacket, and feel the sun on my skin again!
As soon as it starts getting warm like this – all the heavy soups, stews, and casseroles go out the window. I start to crave fresh, light meals.
I saw this recipe using fresh roma tomatoes and parsley, and I knew I had to make it. It was amazing. And really, it was the perfect meal for warmer weather.
You could add a little more “heartiness” as my husband would call it with some grilled chicken – and it’s a great recipe for cleaning out your crisper drawer! You can add all the fresh veggies you want!
How to Make Fresh Cajun Pasta Sauce
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of minced garlic in a large saucepan.
- Once it has started to brown, add 10 chopped Roma tomatoes.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, and then mash your tomatoes with a fork or chop stir.
- Add salt, parsley, and Cajun seasoning and simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve over pasta. We love using whole wheat pasta to keep this dish light and healthy.
- Top with Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese and enjoy! Like we mentioned, grilled chicken or some ground turkey can make this meal a little hearty if your husbands are anything like ours!
What you’ll need in your kitchen to make Fresh Cajun Pasta
Large Saucepan – I can honestly say this is the most used item in my kitchen. We use this Saucepan for almost every single meal!
ChopStir – We’ve talked about this multiple times, but if you haven’t heard of a chop stir, be sure to check it out ASAP. This little tool is perfect for chopping, mashing, and cooking ground meat. It works great on the tomatoes in this recipe.
Side Dishes for Pasta
Now that you’ve got a delicious and fresh dinner ready to go, it’s time to find the sides! Here are our favorite pasta side dishes.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!