Grilled chicken can sometimes get a little boring, but this recipe is a fun twist of fresh flavors.
You can also make this recipe, all year round. We use a pan in the winter, and cook it over the stove. We used can pineapple instead of fresh, and it gives us a little taste of summer and the islands.
You can also use this salsa for chips. It is one of my favorites. I crave it weekly. It tastes so fresh and pairs will almost every meat. You are going to love it.
how to make grilled Blackened chicken and pineapple salsa
Step 1: In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients for blackened seasoning. Store in an air-tight container in a cool, dry place.
Step 2: Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Step 3: Rub both sides of chicken breast with blackened seasoning and salt.
Step 4: Cook chicken on pre-heated grill sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cook each side for 6-8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Step 5: Mix together the diced fresh pineapple, diced red bell pepper, diced red onion, chopped fresh cilantro and the lime juice (about 1 lime) for the pineapple salsa.
Step 6: Remove chicken from grill and serve topped with pineapple salsa.
looking for more healthy dinner ideas?
If you are looking for lightened up versions of your favorite recipes, be sure to check out our Weekly Healthy Menu Plan where we email you 6 dinners, 2 side dishes, and 1 dessert each week!
And if you need help losing weight and still want to eat delicious food that your family will love, be sure to check out our 1500 Calorie 14-Day Eating Plan for Busy Moms!
For traditional “blackened” recipes, you can purchase blackened seasoning and then fry it in a cast iron skillet.
I decided to make my own blackened seasoning and then grill it for a healthier version. Even if it’s in the winter, you can use a grill pan to get perfectly grilled meat!
looking for more healthy chicken recipes?
- Grilled Chicken Bow Tie Pasta Salad
- Pesto Chicken Casserole
- Skinny Chicken Alfredo
- Chicken Caesar Wraps
- Pineapple Grilled Chicken
Grilled Blackened Chicken and Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons blackened seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups fresh pineapple diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper diced
- ½ cup red onion diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
Homemade Blackened Seasoning:
- 1½ Tablespoons paprika
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients for blackened seasoning. Store in an air-tight container in a cool, dry place.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Rub both sides of chicken breast with blackened seasoning and salt. Cook chicken on pre-heated grill sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cook each side for 6-8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Mix together ingredients for pineapple salsa. Remove chicken from grill and serve topped with pineapple salsa.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!