Switch up the pasta
For this recipe, I just used pasta that I had on hand, however, there are so many different pastas you can use now, that are full of all the good stuff.
We recommend using a whole wheat pasta, or vegetable based pasta for the most health and nutrition benefits.
They taste just as delicious, and I promise, your kids won’t even be able to notice.
Add your favorite veggies:
I love this recipe because it is so versatile. You can add any of your favorite vegetables to it, or replace any you don’t love.
It is incredibly easy to make, and lis will love all the flavors coming together. Here are a few of our favorite vegetables to include:
Have you heard about our restaurant copycat cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook,Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Have a sweet tooth? We have just the cure. Watch how to make our favorite dessert, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created it just for you. We wanted to show you how simple and delicious our recipes are.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. We answer all your questions, and help you get the recipe, perfect, each and every time you make it.
If you are looking for more simple and delicious recipes, head over to our channel and check them out.
We love baking, and one of our favorite things to bake is our, Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies.
Watch how to make our Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies, here:
Looking for more delicious dinner recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- Fiesta Ranch Chicken Burritos
- Slow Cooker Healthy King Ranch Chicken Soup
- Healthy Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- One Pan Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- Juicy BBQ Turkey Burgers
Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounces linguine uncooked
- 1 pound chicken breasts cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms sliced
- ½ red onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium, fat free
- ⅓ cup skim milk
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 6 Tablespoons cream cheese fat free
- 8 green onions chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prep all your vegetables. In a small blender make a slurry by combining milk, flour and cream cheese. Set aside. Season chicken generously with Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and salt.
- Prepare pasta in salted water according to package directions.
- Heat a large heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; spray with cooking spray and add half of the chicken. Sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until done, set aside on a plate and repeat with the remaining chicken. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to the skillet and reduce to medium; add bell peppers, onions, and garlic to skillet, sauté 3-4 minutes
- Add mushrooms and tomatoes and sauté 3-4 more minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season with 1/4 tsp salt, garlic powder and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add chicken broth and pour in slurry stirring about 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet; adjust salt and Cajun seasoning to taste, cook another minute or two until hot, then add linguine; toss well to coat. Top with chopped green onions and enjoy!
Adapted from Skinny Taste
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube
Questions & Reviews