It seems like the older my little boy gets, the pickier he becomes!
He used to eat any fruit or vegetable I put in front of him and now I have to beg him to eat a bite or two.
I thought maybe I could trick him into eating a few more veggies by making them fun and “dippable.”
He loved these zucchini fries!
If you have an air fryer, be sure to check out the BEST Air Fryer Zucchini Fries.
Serves: 6 people
Baked Zucchini Fries Recipe
A delicious way to incorporate more veggies into your diet - great for picky eaters!
- 1 pound zucchini (I used 3 medium sized zucchinis)
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (the crumbly kind, not shredded)
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Whisk 2 eggs together in a shallow pie plate and set aside.
- Cut the ends off the zucchini and then cut the zucchini in half so you have two short, stubby pieces. Set one piece on its end and cut it in half lengthwise. Cut that half in half, making 2 planks. Repeat with the remaining halves (you?ll get 16 planks per zucchini).
- Stack 2 planks on top of each other and cut into strips. Thicker strips will yield bigger fries with more zucchini flavor while thin strips will be crispy and taste virtually nothing like zucchini. When all the fries are cut, blot the pieces with a paper towel.
- Working with a small handful at a time, dip the zucchini sticks in the egg, shake them to remove any excess, and then roll them in about 2-3 tablespoons of bread crumbs at a time, adding more as needed; you just don't want to work with all the bread crumbs at once because they'll soak up moisture from the egg and won't stick to the zucchini. Place the coated strips on the prepared baking sheet and repeat until all the zucchini strips have been coated.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the prepared oven then remove from oven, flip the fries, and bake for another 10-12 minutes or until the zucchini is not soggy and the coating is crisp and golden brown. Serve immediately with marinara sauce or ranch.
Calories: 72 kcal · Carbohydrates: 6 g · Protein: 5 g · Fat: 3 g · Saturated Fat: 1 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 58 mg · Sodium: 127 mg · Potassium: 233 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 2 g · Vitamin A: 266 IU · Vitamin C: 14 mg · Calcium: 76 mg · Iron: 1 mg
(Recipe from Our Best Bites)