We often see Fried Pickle Chips on restaurant menus. It’s a good thing it doesn’t always list the calories.
We knew we could lighten them up by baking them instead of frying. They turned out delicious!
are baked pickle chips healthy?
Baked Pickle Chips are healthier than their fried counterparts. You can always reduce fat and calories when you bake a recipe over deep frying in oil.
The ingredients in our baked pickle chips are not that fattening. The calories begin to add up as you begin to dip the pickles in a creamy ranch dressing sauce.
We love that the baked pickle chips have the same crunchiness as the fried version. So you can get your “fried pickle” fix with less calories.
You can always choose a low fat or a fat-free ranch dressing for dipping your baked pickle chips.
And then of course moderation in all things. Just because they are baked doesn’t mean you can polish off the whole batch by yourself. 😉
This recipe is part of our 55 of the Best Appetizers for Christmas Potluck (Favorite Party Foods)
what inspired us to make baked pickle chips?
One of the most influential people in my life was my high school principal. He was an absolutely incredible guy. I got to work really closely with him because I was in student government, and I got to know him well.
His ability to lift others and see the best in people, no matter their background or choices in life, was inspiring.
He never failed to teach a quick life lesson or simply share a huge smile every time I saw him. He inspired me to be better, and continually “strive for excellence.”
He passed away a few years ago due to complications from cancer, but the lessons he taught continue to inspire many to this day. He left a legacy of learning, love, and living life that won’t be forgotten.
Every time we met for lunch meetings, we went to Mimi’s cafe.
Without fail, he would order a few rounds of their Fried Pickles. The first time we went, everyone in the group was hesitant to try them – but now I crave them on a regular basis!
I try not to eat a lot of fried foods, so I decided to bake them (like our zucchini bites).
They turned out delicious – AND they are a great reminder of some pretty sweet memories.
how to make baked pickle chips
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet (we used a cookie sheet) with foil and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix together bread crumbs, cheese, garlic powder, and seasoned salt.
- In a separate whisk together Worcestershire sauce and eggs.
- Take each pickle and shake off excess pickle juice and gently pat dry with a paper towel.
- Dredge it in the egg mixture and then in the crumb mixture.
- Place them all on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn over each slice and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot with some ranch dressing for dipping.
helpful items for this recipe
Baking Sheet – This is the perfect baking sheet for this recipe and so many more on our blog.
Mixing Bowl Set – We love this mixing bowl set that comes with 3 sized bowls. Great for mixing and a serving bowl.
Mini Spatula – The one spatula we can’t do without. Great for turning small things and getting that 1st brownie from the pan.
OUR NEWEST COOKBOOK
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
more delicious baked appetizers
- Baked Carne Asada Fries
- Buffalo Chicken Tostadas
- Honey Sriracha Ground Turkey Meatballs
- Hot Crab Dip
- Stuffed Cinnamon Sticks
Baked Pickle Chips Recipe
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 (24 ounce) jar dill pickle chips
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs, cheese, garlic powder, and seasoned salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together Worcestershire sauce and eggs.
- Take each pickle (lightly shake off excess juice) and dredge it in the egg mixture, then in the crumb mixture. Place them all on the baking sheet. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn each slice over. Return to the oven and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes until they start to brown. Serve hot.
- Makes about 32 pickle chips.
Have you seen out our YouTube channel?