My husband is a little obsessed with buffalo sauce, that I make a new recipe almost every week with buffalo sauce. Luckily I like it too, and the nutritional value isn’t too bad… Anyway, if your life is anything like mine, it’s chaotic. I am always on the lookout for fast and easy dinners and these Buffalo Chicken Tostadas, fit that description. They only have a few ingredients, and take minutes to throw together and bake. Dinner will be ready in seriously 15 minutes. Here’s how you make it:
First, you need some shredded chicken. This is chicken that I have boiled, then shredded, but if you are really in a rush, you could even use a rotisserie chicken. Here is another life tip for you: If you plan out your meals before the week and boil extra chicken one night, boil double and stick it in your fridge or freezer. Then you can have it available for multiple meals such as our Chicken BLT Pasta Salad or our Grilled Chicken Avocado Wraps.
The next part is the sauce, which is more easy than shredding chicken. It is three simple ingredients that are inexpensive and combine well together. All it has is, mayonnaise, plain Greek yogurt, and buffalo sauce. Mix it all together and your halfway done with dinner. If you like your sauces a little sweeter, you can add about a tablespoon of honey, but if you are avoiding extra sugar or sweetness, it doesn’t really need the honey. Once you have the sauce mixed, add it to your shredded chicken and fold it together until combined.
If you aren’t a buffalo sauce fan, we also have a recipe similar to this with barbecue sauce. It’s called Skinny BBQ Chicken Tostadas. They are just as easy to make and you just switch out the buffalo sauce for barbecue sauce. Check out the recipe for the full instructions, but either way, your picky eaters will be pleased. They almost taste like pizzas, but with a taco shell instead of crust. Trust us, they’ll be a hit!
Once all your ingredients are mixed, spread about a 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture over a tostada shell. I didn’t put mine too close to the edge, but you can spread yours on however you would like.
Add a little cheese on top of the chicken. I used mozzarella, but you can use any cheese you would like. My husband likes to put a little pepper jack cheese on his, but the buffalo sauce already has a little kick to it, so if you aren’t a fan of spicy, I’d stick with the mozzarella cheese.
Place your prepared tostadas in the oven and broil them for about 3 minutes or until the cheese melts and begins to golden. You will want to watch these to make sure they don’t burn, because they bake fast. As soon as my cheese fully melts, I usually take them out.
Garnish your tostadas with a little green onion and cilantro for extra flavor and presentation. Enjoy warm! If you are a sauce family like we are… you can drizzle a little ranch on them, or dip them in a little extra buffalo sauce.
if you like these slow cooker hawaiian chicken sandwiches, then be sure to try this crispy honey mustard chicken. It’s a favorite.
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Tostadas Recipe
- 5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded (I boiled mine)
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 9-12 tostadas (found on the tortilla or bread aisle).
- 3 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup green onion Finely chopped
- a few sprigs of cilantro for garnish
- Place the shredded chicken in a large bowl.
- In a separate medium size bowl, combine the buffalo sauce, mayonnaise and plain Greek yogurt, until fully combined.
- Pour the sauce into the large bowl that contains the chicken.
- Fold the sauce into the shredded chicken until they are fully combined.
- Place the tostada shells on a cookie sheet (you don't need to spray it).
- On each shell, spread out about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture over them.
- Then sprinkle about 1/3 cup of mozzarella cheese over the chicken.
- Place the cookie sheet, with the prepared tostadas, in the oven.
- Broil for about 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the chicken is warm.
- Garnish with green onions and cilantro for extra flavor and presentation.Eat warm.
This post was included in our 10 of the EASIEST Weeknight Meals video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!