I was talking to my husband the other night and asked him what his favorite meal was. Without any hesitation, he told me how much he loved our Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas. I would have to agree! They are pretty dang tasty! However, my kids are pretty weird about texture, so I decided to make a kid friendly version with all the same flavor of my family’s favorite meal!
Baked Honey Lime Chicken Taquitos Recipe
- 6 Tablespoons honey
- 5 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 12-15 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic powder. Add shredded chicken to the mixing bowl and let it marinate in the fridge for at least a 1/2 hour, but preferably a half day or so.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread chicken mixture evenly between flour tortillas, top with cheese and roll up tightly, placing seam side down on a baking sheet. Spray the tops of the taquitos with nonstick cooking spray (or brush with a little vegetable oil). Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tortillas are golden brown.
- Whisk together enchilada sauce and sour cream and serve with taquitos.