Our baked honey lime chicken recipe is the perfect budget-friendly dinner recipe that everyone will enjoy. It’s an easy chicken dinner recipe you can make up and know the kids will devour everything on their plate with no complaints.
So, if you have a picky eater, this honey lime chicken recipe might just become a staple recipe for you. It’s always nice to find something our kids will eat that is more than just chicken nuggets.
We love to have this recipe as a simple and fun dinner, but I’ve also made it as a great appetizer for game nights ormovie nights. Everyone raves about them!
Pair it with some salsa or sour cream, or both and everyone will enjoy them. If you’ve found you and your family like the flavors of this recipe but you want to change it up a bit, try making either our honey lime chicken enchiladas, honey lime grilled chicken marinade, or baked honey chicken tenders.
Ingredients You’ll Need For Our Baked Honey Lime Chicken Taquitos Recipe:
- Lime juice
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- Flour tortillas
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Green enchilada sauce
- Sour cream
How To Make Our Baked Honey Lime Chicken Taquitos Recipe:
*Please note this recipe needs a little marinating time so you will need to plan ahead a little bit!*
Start by adding the honey, lime juice, chili powder, and garlic powder in a medium sized bowl and whisk it all together.
Once that is combined, add in the cooked and shredded chicken breast and mix it all together.
Then, place the bowl in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes, but the flavor will be impeccable when you allow the chicken to marinate for 4-6 hours.
When the chicken is done marinating, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Remove the chicken from the fridge and then do the best you can to evenly distribute the marinated chicken between all the flour tortillas.
After you have the chicken in the tortilla, top it with some of the Monterey Jack cheese, roll it up tightly and then place the taquito seam side down on a baking sheet.
Do this with all of the tortillas until the chicken is gone.
When all the rolled tortillas are on the baking sheet, spray them with nonstick cooking spray or brush them lightly with vegetable oil.
Now, place the baking sheet in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the tortillas turn a nice golden brown.
When those are ready, combine the green enchilada sauce and sour cream in a small bowl and whisk them together to create the perfect dipping sauce.
The just serve the taquitos with the dipping sauce and enjoy!!
To Make This Easy Chicken Dinner Recipe You Will Need:
- Baking sheet (THESE are great ones to use)
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Nonstick cooking spray
Try it Homemade
Have you ever had a homemade tortilla? They are absolutely fantastic! To make them from scratch is actually fairly simple.
With The Café Sucre Farina’s best ever homemade flour tortilla recipe, you can have homemade tortilla in just about an hour.
This taquitos recipe is amazing as it is, but if you were to pair it with homemade tortillas, I think it might be what dreams are made of. Haha. So if you have the time, give it a shot and let us know what you think!
What Dipping Sauce to Serve With Taquitos?
We love the enchilada dipping cause with his recipe, however here are a few more suggestions:
- Sour cream
- Queso dip
- Mexican dip
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Dominate Your Dinner and Appetizer Game with these Tasty Taquitos Recipes:
- Baked BBQ Chicken Taquitos Recipe
- Baked Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos Recipe
- Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos Recipe
- Baked Beef Taquitos Recipe
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pork Taquitos (with Pineapple Salsa) Recipe
Baked Honey Lime Chicken Taquitos Recipe
- 6 Tablespoons honey
- 5 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 12-15 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic powder. Add shredded chicken to the mixing bowl and let it marinate in the fridge for at least a 1/2 hour, but preferably a half day or so.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread chicken mixture evenly between flour tortillas, top with cheese and roll up tightly, placing seam side down on a baking sheet. Spray the tops of the taquitos with nonstick cooking spray (or brush with a little vegetable oil). Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tortillas are golden brown.
- Whisk together enchilada sauce and sour cream and serve with taquitos.
- Please note this recipe needs a little marinating time so you will need to plan ahead a little bit!
- Baking Sheet
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.