With the weather getting crisp and the leaves turning colors, all I want to do is curl up in my flannel pjs and read a book with the smell of green apples baking. I love fall time! These Easy Apple Pie Bars only have a few ingredients and taste so delicious!
Looking for more Pie Bars?! Try this Cherry Pie Bars Recipe!
In this recipe you need 7 cups of apples. You can either peel them or leave the skin on. I love the apple skin, so I left mine on.
Then you just mix it with Musselman’s Apple Butter, vanilla, and brown sugar.
If you have a delicious recipe for pie dough, you can use that, or you can use a pre-made pie crust from the grocery store. Both work great! I used the pre-made pie crust to make them easier. This is such an easy recipe that anyone can put together.
Next you add your egg white, cinnamon, and sugar. Bake for about an hour.
I drizzled mine with a homemade glaze, or you could drizzle it with your favorite frosting!
Related Recipe: Try our Slab Apple Pie, perfect for feeding a crowd!
Easy Apple Pie Bars Recipe
- 7 cups granny smith apples (cored and diced)
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 (14.1 ounce) package pie crust (It needs to have two pie crusts in the box)
- 1 egg (just use the egg white)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place diced apples in a large mixing bowl. Add apple butter, brown sugar, and vanilla and mix until well combined and apple's are evenly coated.
- Grease of 9 x 13 inch pan with non stick spray. Take one pie crust and place it on the bottom of the pan. slowly stretch it out so it covers the bottom of the pan. (I did have to cut some edges off).
- Add your apple filling on top of the pie crust.
- Take your second pie crust and roll it out with a rolling pin. Trying to make it the same size as the 9 x 13 pan.
- Place your second pie crust on top of the apple filling and tuck down the edges to cover all of the filling.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg white until foamy and brush over top of the pie crust. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in another small bowl and sprinkle evenly over pie.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for an hour.
- While cooling, make your glaze by combining all glaze ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over bars and serve.
- You can also serve it hot with ice cream on top.
This post is sponsored by Musselman’s Apple Butter but recipe and all opinions are my own.
Follow Musselman’s here for other delicious recipes and ideas!
Questions & Reviews