Fall is here and I could not be more happy about it. I love the cooler weather, and all the yummy food that comes with it. These Brown Sugar Bloomin’ Apples are a new favorite. Tastes like a warm apple pie, and the vanilla ice cream on top just tops it off. They are so easy to make and taste amazing.
Serves: 4 people
Brown Sugar Bloomin’ Apples Recipe
These Brown Sugar Bloomin’ Apples are a new favorite. Tastes like a warm apple pie, and the vanilla ice cream on top just tops it off.
- 4 apples (I used Granny Smith, but you can choose your favorite)
- 4 Tablespoons caramel (I used Smuckers caramel)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut out the stem and seeds of the core of the apple using a small round scoop.
- Cut the apple 5 times vertically, but don't cut all the way through the apple, just make deep cuts.
- Cut the apple 5 times horizontally not all the way through but deep cuts like before.
- Continue this process for all the apples.
- Try to spread out the apple and its cuts as much as you can so you can get your caramel to spread throughout the apple as it bakes.
- Place the cut apples on the covered baking pan.
- Squeeze or poor 1 tablespoon of caramel into each apple.
- Make sure it gets into the small cracks so it bakes into the whole apple.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the caramel and apple.
- Sprinkle about 1/2 tablespoon of brown sugar over each apple.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the apple looks soft and the edges begin to curl.
- Take out of the oven, and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
- Garnish with more caramel and cinnamon.Enjoy!
Calories: 312 kcal · Carbohydrates: 58 g · Protein: 3 g · Fat: 9 g · Saturated Fat: 5 g · Cholesterol: 30 mg · Sodium: 93 mg · Potassium: 368 mg · Fiber: 5 g · Sugar: 48 g · Vitamin A: 384 IU · Vitamin C: 9 mg · Calcium: 126 mg · Iron: 1 mg