I have been trying to swap out whole wheat flour wherever I can and this recipe turned out awesome. If you are looking to cut out sugar, you can make this without the glaze and it’s still delicious.
I love how simple and moist this bread is. The zucchini adds the best taste, and it comes together in minutes. Your family is going to love this one.
I make this for breakfasts, snacks, and dessert. It is so simple and so delicious.
How to make whole wheat lemon zucchini bread
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 F.
Step 2: Spray a 9×5″ loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Step 3: In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
Step 4: In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, melted coconut oil, and honey.
Step 5: Add the milk, lemon zest and lemon juice (about 2 Tablespoons) and blend everything together.
Step 6: Fold in grated zucchini and stir until evenly mixed.
Step 7: Add the zucchini mixture to the dry ingredients and stir everything together, being sure to not over mix.
Step 8: Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
Step 9: Cool loaf in pan for 10 minutes, then move to a wire rack and cool completely.
Step 10: While loaf is cooling, mix together powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl to make the glaze.
Step 11: Spoon glaze over cooled loaf.
Step 12: Let glaze set for a couple of minutes before serving. If you are looking for a completely sugar free option, you could also go without the glaze.
Could I make this into muffins?
This recipe could most definitely be made into muffins. We recommend spraying a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
You could also use cupcake liners if you prefer not using any non stick sprays.
Did you know we have a Youtube channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family will love. Each recipe is tried and true, so you know even your picky eaters will love them.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. Watch how to make our favorite, Skinny Banana Cookies, here:
Need a few healthy meal ideas this week?
If you are looking for healthier recipes just like this, be sure to check out our Weekly Healthy Menu Plan – we email you 6 dinner recipes, 2 side dishes, and 1 dessert just like this, plus a SHOPPING LIST to make family dinner happen so easily!!
Looking for more healthy snacks?
- Healthy Banana Walnut Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Cookies
- Funfetti Protein Bites
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Chocolate Fruit Dip
Whole Wheat Lemon Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup milk
- 1 lemon for juice and zest
- 1 cup zucchini grated
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, melted coconut oil, and honey.
- Add the milk, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix until well combined.
- Fold in grated zucchini and stir until combined.
- Add the zucchini mixture to the dry ingredients and stir everything together, being sure to not over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool loaf in pan for 10 minutes, then move to a wire rack and cool completely.
- While loaf is cooling, mix together powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl to make the glaze.
- Spoon glaze over cooled loaf.
- Let glaze set for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Mixing Bowl
- loaf pan
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!