Spring is finally here. We are loving this warm weather, and celebrating the fun spring holidays and birthdays.
Our favorite part about celebrating the holidays, are the family parties. These White Chocolate Carrot Cheesecake Bars will definitely be making an entrance at our Easter dinner this year.
These bars are easier to make than it seems. They are a combination of my two favorite desserts: cheesecake and carrot cake. You will love them.
These are perfect for spring, but honestly you could make them all year long, and nobody will be complaining. They are so yummy, and are sure to be a hit.
could i use old fashioned oats?
For this recipe, we used quick oats. However, you could easily use whatever oats you have on hand. If you don’t use quick oats, we recommend using old fashioned oats.
Both would probably work better than any other oat, but they are just in the topping, so they won’t make a huge difference.
what could i use in place of walnuts?
This recipe calls for walnuts. They add the perfect amount of crust to this recipe, and pair perfectly with the oats and cheesecake.
However, if you are not a huge fan of walnuts or an allergy, you could easily replace them. Here is what we recommend:
We wouldn’t recommend using peanuts. Their flavor is a little unique and strong. Really any subtle nut with not a super strong flavor, would be a great replacement for walnuts.
You could also just lose the walnuts all together and not use any walnuts in your topping or crust.
do these need to stay refrigerated?
Because there is a real cheesecake layer in this recipe, we do recommend keeping them refrigerated. It will keep the bars from falling apart, and they are actually more delicious cold.
Just like cheesecake, it tastes better when served cold.
These will stay in the fridge nicely for about one week. Be sure to keep them covered to keep the air from getting to them.
watch how to make another carrot cake dessert, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
These Mini Carrot Cupcakes are so simple and taste amazing. Watch how easy they are to make, here:
looking for more easter desserts? here are a few of our favorite:
- Cookie Dough Easter Eggs
- Easy Easter Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Easter Eggs
- Easter Egg Basket Cupcakes
- Butterscotch Bird Nest Treats
WHITE CHOCOLATE CARROT CHEESECAKE BARS
- 3 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ½ cup coconut
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese softened to room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 Tablespoons caramel sauce
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup flaked coconut
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 pan with foil.
- For crust, crush graham cracker crumbs until fine like sand.
- Pour crushed graham crackers in a bowl and add melted butter and mix in until all graham cracker crumbs are coated.
- Add coconut and chopped walnuts to the graham cracker mixture.
- Press into the foil lined pan, until the bottom of the pan is completely covered with the graham cracker mixture.
- Set the crust in the pan to the side.
- In a separate bowl, using a hand mixer, blend the sugar and softened cream cheese together until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla and continue to blend mixture until well combined.
- Once fully mixed together, fold in white chocolate chips with a rubber spatula or spoon.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture filling over the uncooked graham cracker crust.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the cheesecake mixture.
- Using a butter knife, Swirl the caramel sauce around the cheesecake, until well distributed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut, raisins, carrots, butter and vanilla extract.
- Once the caramel is fully swirled about the cheesecake, lightly toss the crumbly carrot cake mixture over the cheesecake mixture.
- Place in oven and bake until the carrot cake mixture is golden, and the cheesecake is set when you wiggle the pan. (It's ok if it moves a little, but just so it's fully cooked in the middle).
- Once done baking, sprinkle the white chocolate chips on the hot bars.
- Let the white chocolate chips melt a little (about 10 minutes) then place in the fridge for about 2-3 hours.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!