Growing up, we would usually make (or thaw) a dessert every Sunday. When it was warm enough, we would sit on the driveway and eat it.
It sounds a little weird, but we lived on a dead-end street so there wasn’t a lot of traffic, and our driveway was slanted so it made a good place to sit.
One of my very favorite treats in the summer was the store-bought Edwards Key Lime Pie.
I loved the tart lime flavor with the sweet graham cracker crust! When I came across these Lemon Raspberry Bars in our recipe index last week, I started to play around with the recipe, and these Coconut Lime Bars were born.
They remind me of the Key Lime Pie we used to eat – and they were a definite success. It’s the perfect combo of tart and sweet, and a great treat in the heat of the summer.
could i make this in a 9×13 inch pan?
This recipe is originally made for an 8×8 inch pan. If you are wanting to make this recipe in a 9×13 inch pan, you will need to double the recipe and ingredients.
You will also need to increase the baking time a little bit. I would recommend baking it for 17 minutes, adding the top layer, then baking it for an additional 15 minutes.
I would also check to make sure the center is done, by using a toothpick and making sure it comes out clean.
Related recipe: Love all the lime sweets? Try our copycat cherry limeade recipe – you’ll love it, too!
watch how to make another lime favorite, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
This 5 Minute Creamy Key Lime Pie is so easy to make, and so smooth. Watch how to make this refreshing dessert, here:
looking for more lime recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
Coconut Lime Bars Recipe
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8" pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and lime zest until the crumbs are moist.
- Press the mixture firmly in to the bottom of the 8x8 pan, and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
- After the pan has cooled, whisk together the egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk in a medium-sized bowl. Slowly add in the lime juice, and mix until it starts to thicken slightly.
- Pour the lime filling over the graham cracker crust, and then top with coconut.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until just set.
- Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
*Even though they are lime bars, they come out as a pale yellow color. You could add a drop or two of green food coloring if you wanted them to be darker.
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!