We love a good fudgy and chewy dessert. Everyone in the family has their favorite, whether it be cookies or brownies. But now you can make everyone happy with one dessert.
After we made these amazing chocolate chip cookies and Oreo fudge brownie bars, my husband took them to work. Some of the guys he works with called them “brownies on steroids.” They were really good, especially with ice cream and chocolate on top!
can you use store bought cookie dough?
We love this recipe the way it is written because there is nothing better than homemade chocolate chip cookies. And we may sneak a little of the cookie dough while we are making them.
But for convenience you could definitely use store bought cookie dough in place of the homemade cookie dough in this recipe.
how to store the leftovers
First of all, if you have any leftovers we are amazed. These went so fast at our house. But it is so easy to store the leftovers. They are fine to put on a plate covered with plastic wrap for a few hours.
If you are saving some for the next day, place them in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge. You can eat them cold, or let them set out for an hour before serving. Or the yummiest way is to microwave them until a little warm. YUM!
do you have to top them off with ice cream?
These Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie and Oreo Fudge Brownie Bars can stand on their own just fine. It is the ultimate brownie and it’s amazing.
If you want to kick them up a bit, top them off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some chocolate syrup or hot fudge. You will want to sit back in a nice comfy chair and enjoy every bite.
how to make Ultimate Chocolate chip and oreo fudge brownie bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 3 minutes.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix well until all is thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add this flour mixture to the brown sugar/butter mixture.
- Stir until combined and then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the dough into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish that has been covered with parchment paper, and lightly sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Top with a layer of Oreos.
- Make the brownie mix as directed on the box and add in 1/4 cup hot fudge topping to the brownie batter.
- Pour the brownie batter over the top of the Oreos.
- Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes. Every oven varies, so watch closely.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before cutting.
- You can serve these brownie bars warm or cold.
- We like to add ice cream and hot fudge on top. (optional)
helpful items for this recipe
- 9 x 13 Inch Glass Baking Dish – This baking dish is one of our favorites. We like that is also come with a lid.
- Hand Mixer – You’ll love this hand mixer. It comes with traditional beaters and a whisk.
- Glass Mixing Bowl Set – We love this set of mixing bowls that comes in 3 sizes.
- Parchment Paper – This is our go to paper to prevent everything from sticking.
- Small Spatula – This is perfect for those hard to get areas when you want a nice clean slice to come out perfect.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
more tasty brownie recipes
Here are more of our favorite brownie recipes:
- Chocolate Marshmallow Brownies
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
- Andes Mint Brownies
- Break Up Brownies
- Red Velvet Brownies
Have you seen our YouTube channel?