These cookies were a staple in our house growing up. I always loved when my mom whipped up a batch of these! They are so easy to make and use a cake mix, which makes them perfect for any little baker in your family!
Looking for more EASY Christmas Cookies?! Try these 50 Easy Christmas Cookie Recipes with Few Ingredients!
Homemade Oreo Cookies Recipe
- 15.25 ounces Devils Food Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup shortening
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together cake mix, eggs and shortening until well combined. The dough will be pretty thick.
- Roll dough into balls, making sure they are all similar in size. Place dough onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Immediately transfer cookies to a cooking rack
- Mix together butter, milk, vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth. Spread onto cooled cookies and sandwich together.
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet