These cookies were a staple in our house growing up. I always loved when my mom whipped up a batch of these! They are so easy to make and use a cake mix, which makes them perfect for any little baker in your family!
Looking for more EASY Christmas Cookies?! Try these 50 Easy Christmas Cookie Recipes with Few Ingredients!
Homemade Oreo Cookies Recipe
They homemade Oreo cookies are so easy to make and use a cake mix, which makes them perfect for any little baker in your family!
- 15.25 ounces Devils Food Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup shortening
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together cake mix, eggs and shortening until well combined. The dough will be pretty thick.
- Roll dough into balls, making sure they are all similar in size. Place dough onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Immediately transfer cookies to a cooking rack
- Mix together butter, milk, vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth. Spread onto cooled cookies and sandwich together.
Calories: 243 kcal · Carbohydrates: 31 g · Protein: 2 g · Fat: 13 g · Saturated Fat: 5 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 24 mg · Sodium: 189 mg · Potassium: 70 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 24 g · Vitamin A: 143 IU · Calcium: 33 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
Questions & Reviews
Happy Valley Chow
My older son could live on Oreos. I think I'll make these with him. Already pinned it. Thanks so much!
Many blessings, Sinea from Ducks ?n a Row