These cookies were a staple in our house growing up. I always loved when my mom whipped up a batch of these! They are so easy to make and use a cake mix, which makes them perfect for any little baker in your family!
Homemade Oreo Cookies Recipe
- 15.25 ounces Devils Food Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup shortening
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together cake mix, eggs and shortening until well combined. The dough will be pretty thick.
- Roll dough into balls, making sure they are all similar in size. Place dough onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Immediately transfer cookies to a cooking rack
- Mix together butter, milk, vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth. Spread onto cooled cookies and sandwich together.
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet