could i make these with chocolate?
You could definitely make these with chocolate. For this recipe, we used a homemade cake bottom, but if you are looking for a shortcut, you could easily use a box mix.
If you are using a box mix, we recommend using a white cake mix. If you use chocolate cake mix, Devil’s Food would probably be the best flavor to use.
We also made our own frosting/topping for these cupcakes, however, you could easily use whipped cream, or even frosting, that you purchased at the store, if you are in need of a shortcut, or to save a little time.
They would taste delicious either way.
We do definitely recommend the fresh strawberry garnish on top. It adds the perfect refreshment and touch to the cupcakes.
watch how to make another light and refreshing strawberry dish, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
This Strawberry Jello Fluff Salad, is so light and delicious. Watch how to make it, here:
looking for more strawberry recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Homemade Strawberry Milkshake
- Layered Strawberry JellO Salad
- Skinny Frozen Strawberry Bites
- Skillet Strawberry Crumble
- Strawberry Shortcake Shish Kabobs
- Strawberry Shortcake Bars
Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes Recipe
- 1½ cups self rising flour
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberry puree
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoons cold water
- 1 envelope Unflavored powdered Gelatin
- 1 cup fresh strawberries diced
- ¼ cup unsalted butter softened
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese 1 container, at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese 1 block, softened
- ½ cup fresh strawberries pureed
- 2 Tablespoons strawberry jam
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flours; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter until smooth and creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add dry ingredients in 3 parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla, and scraping down sides of bowl in between each addition; beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, filling about three-quarters full. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool in tins for 15 minutes. Remove cupcakes from tins, and cool completely on rack.
- Cut a cut a cone-shaped piece of cake out of the center of each cupcake, taking care not to cut through the bottoms. Slice a 1/4-inch piece from the top of each cone and reserve to place back on the filled cupcakes.
- Heat puree and sugar in a small saucepan just until it begins to bubble, stirring to dissolve sugar. Stir in lemon juice and remove from heat. Put water in a small bowl and sprinkle gelatin on top. Let sit for 5 minutes. Add fruit puree mixture to the bowl and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Stir in diced strawberries and chill until set.
- Spoon about a teaspoon of strawberry gelee filling into each cupcake and top with the cone top.
- Cream butter, mascarpone and cream cheese together in an electric mixer until soft and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the strawberries and jam. Mix until combined. Add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time until the frosting has the sweetness and consistency you desire. If your frosting is not stiff enough to pipe, add more powdered sugar. Chill until ready to use.
- Using a pastry bag or an offset spatula, frost tops of each cupcake with the strawberry mascarpone frosting.
- You could definitely make these with chocolate. For this recipe, we used a homemade cake bottom, but if you are looking for a shortcut, you could easily use a box mix.
- If you are using a box mix, we recommend using a white cake mix. If you use chocolate cake mix, Devil’s Food would probably be the best flavor to use.
- Muffin Tin
- Muffin Liners
- small bowl
- Electric Mixer
- pastry bag
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Questions & Reviews