Every year, we make treats for our neighbors. However, I have a hard time being creative coming up with what treat to make them.
However, this year, I wanted to make something that really tastes like the spirit of Christmas. Well, I found the best recipe. This Sweet Molasses Pound Cake is out of this world and taste amazing.
You are going to love how easy it is to make, and how delicious it tastes.
how to make sweet molasses pound cake:
This is a simple recipe, with not a ton of ingredients, but making it can seem like it has a lot of steps. But it really doesn’t. Once you make it, you will see how easy it was to make.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
You will also want to line your bread pan with parchment paper. I also sprayed my pan with non stick cooking spray, then placed the parchment paper in my pan, just to ensure nothing sticks.
Step 2: Combine the dry ingredients.
In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and nutmeg until well combined. I used a whisk, to whisk it all together.
Step 3: Combine milk and brown sugar.
In a sauce pan, combine the milk and brown sugar, until the milk dissolves, and it begins to get a little warm. Remove from heat and set aside to let cool.
Step 4: Heat molasses and corn syrup.
In a separate sauce pan, heat and stir the molasses and corn syrup, until well combined. Remove from heat and let cool. I let mine cook for about 4 minutes, then removed it from the heat.
Step 5: Create the crumbly flour mixture.
While the pans of liquid cool down, cut the butter into small bits, and place them in the bowl with the dry ingredients. Using a hand or an electric mixer blend the butter and the dry ingredients.
It should form a crumbly looking flour.
Step 6: Add the liquid ingredients to the dry.
Stir in the cooled milk and brown sugar concoction. Once fully combined, stir in the molasses and corn syrup mixture.
Step 7: Combine the egg and vanilla.
Stir in the egg and vanilla. I used a whisk to better ensure it was fully combined.
Step 8: Pour in the pan
Pour the mixture in the prepared bread pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes
Step 9: Remove from oven. Cool and garnish.
Once done cooking, remove from the oven, and let cool for an hour. Garnish as desired. I love cream cheese frosting, so I made our Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting recipe, to go on top.
have you heard about our new cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
looking for more pound cake recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
Sweet Molasses Pound Cake Recipe
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup butter (cold and diced into small chunks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup molasses
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a bread pan with non stick cooking spray. Line the sprayed bread pan with parchment or baking wax paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice, until fully incorporated.
- In a smaller saucepan combine the brown sugar and milk, over medium heat. Mix until the brown sugar has dissolved into the milk and the temperature is warm.
- In a separate sauce pan, add the molasses and corn syrup over medium heat. Mix and combine until fully incorporated and warm to the touch.
- Remove both the pans from the stove, and let cool.
- With the dry ingredients bowl, add the butter pieces and mix with an electric mixer, until the flour appears crumbly, and the butter is fully mixed.
- Add the brown sugar and milk combination to the dry ingredients. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Then add the molasses and corn syrup mixture, until fully combined.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for an hour.
- Lift the sides of the parchment paper, and remove the pound cake from the pan.
- Frost, or garnish with powdered sugar, candy canes, sprinkles, or even plain is delicious.