We are on day 5 of our 31 Healthy Meals. How is it going?
My meals are doing really well…. but I’m cooking desserts for our next cookbook – I’m trying my hardest to give them all away to my neighbors but a few treats are still getting into my stomach.
But, I am trying harder and I do love me some good healthy meals.
This one was a huge hit with my husband and my kids. The best part is, it is really loaded with veggies. Hope you like it as much as we did.
This is a great recipe to introduce new vegetables to your kids, or sneak them into their diets.
Either way, your family is going to love this recipe.
what meat would taste good with this soup?
This recipe doesn’t call for any meat, but you could easily add any meat you desire.
Here are a few of our favorite meat recommendations for this soup (we recommend adding them to the soup cooked, not raw):
- Ground Turkey: I love using ground turkey in place of ground beef. It is way more lean than beef, and I even prefer the clean taste. Both ground turkey and ground beef would work for this recipe.
- Shredded Chicken: I love shredded chicken in my soup. If you do add shredded chicken, be sure you add it at the end, so it doesn’t overcook and become dry.
- Stew Meat: Stew meat would be delicious in this recipe as well. If you do use stew meat, we recommend adding beef broth, instead of chicken broth.
- Shredded Turkey: Like shredded chicken, shredded turkey would be just as delicious in this recipe.
have you heard about our restaurant copycat cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
watch how to make our favorite rolls that go perfectly with this recipe:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created it just for you. We wanted to show you how simple and delicious our recipes are.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. We answer all your questions, and help you get the recipe, perfect, each and every time you make it.
If you are looking for more simple and delicious recipes, head over to our channel and check them out.
looking for more healthy recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- Healthy Fried Zucchini
- Healthy Banana Walnut Muffins
- Healthy Broccoli Salad
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos
- Chunky Potato Crab Chowder
Healthy Loaded Veggie Soup Recipe
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 pound small red potatoes cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1 small bag frozen vegetables frozen peas, carrots, green beans and corn
- kosher or sea salt, to taste
- garlic salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon all spice
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 4 cups chicken broth (or you can use vegetable broth)
- ¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes 1 can
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, stir to combine, cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or until carrots are tender.
- One of the best things about this recipe is that you can make it into a freezer meal. Add everything except the chicken broth. Then just throw it in your slow cooker when you are ready to cook it!
- If you want it to have meat, throw in some raw chicken, let it cook and then shred it before you serve it!
- Slow Cooker
- Soup Bowls