My dear, sweet husband is always wanting to go camping. Don’t get me wrong, I love a little over-nighter in a tent but that is about as wild as it got for us growing up in a family of all girls.
He was quite sad when I broke the news to him that my very pregnant body, at the time, just couldn’t handle sleeping on the ground and dealing with a toddler in a tent.
While he was at work, my little buddy and I decided to set up an indoor campsite to surprise dad when he got home. He may not have been as excited as he would have been if we had really camped, but these s’mores bars sure eased his pain.
I enjoyed one too many of these yummy treats, slept in my own bed and listened to my boys laugh out in the living room. That is my kind of camping!
We may never go back to S’mores over the campfire; unless of course we are camping. These S’mores bars are ready in no time, and maybe even yummier!
how long do these stay fresh?
If you are lucky enough to have any S’mores Bars left over, they will stay fresh for a few days in an airtight container.
We have made them ahead of time and stuck them in the freezer. So they freeze really well. Be sure you use a freezer bag or air tight freezer container to preserve freshness.
how to make s’mores bars
These amazing S’mores bars need no fancy ingredients. Ingredients you may already have for baking, or a few you can grab at the grocery store.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Then beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt.
- Add this to the butter mixture and mix on low until combined.
- Divide the dough in half and press half into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Spread evenly with fingertips.
- Place candy bars all over the top of the dough.
- Spread the marshmallow creme over the chocolate bars.
- Then place the remaining dough over the marshmallow. You may have to flatten pieces and place all over the marshmallow creme.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until lightly golden brown. Cool completely to cut into bars. You can eat while warm, but they will be gooey. (We like them that way.)
helpful items used in making S’mores Bars
- Rolling Pin – We love just a simple rolling pin. This one totally gets the job done and a great price!
- Mixing Bowl Set – This is a great set with 10 bowls that nest in each other for easy storage.
- Hand Mixer – One of our favorite hand mixers and check out the cute color.
- 8 x 8 Inch Baking Dish – This baking dish is great with an airtight lid.
IF YOU LOVE THESE s’mores BARS, YOU’VE GOT TO TRY OUR CARMELITAS. THEY ARE EASY AND DELICIOUS.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert, and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
check out more of our favorite S’mores recipes
The perfect taste of delicious S’mores with every recipe.
- S’mores Dessert Pizza
- S’mores Magic Bars
- Peanut Butter S’mores Bars
- S’mores Pie
- S’mores Kiss Cookies
Adapted from Sugar Cooking
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
Watch how easy it is to make No Bake S’mores Bars (no campfire needed!)