Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Nachos recipe is such a great shredded chicken recipe. You can make this shredded chicken for a nacho bar, or just load up the slow cooker nachos for your family.
You can also use crockpot chicken nachos as a great way to serve a filling appetizer at your next get-together with friends and family.
I also tend to plan on making these slow cooker nachos for a fun dinner the kids will enjoy and pair them with a family game night.
For more nacho-inspired recipes, make sure you give our Loaded Nacho Casserole Recipe, Game Day Totchos (Tater Tot Nachos) Recipe, and Slow Cooker Nacho Grande Soup recipes a try and let us know what you think!
Ingredients You Need to Make Our Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Nachos Recipe:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Black pepper
- Brown sugar
- Rotel tomatoes with green chiles undrained
- Tortilla Chips
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced jalapeno (optional)
- Sliced olives (optional)
- Sliced tomato (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
How To Make Our Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Nachos Recipe:
When you are ready to make this simple weeknight dinner, start by placing the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Then, in a small bowl, combine chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, brown sugar, and both cans of Rotel tomatoes.
Mix it all together to combine and make the seasoning.
Then just pour the sauce over the chicken.
Now, place the cover on top and cook the chicken on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
After the chicken is cooked, shred the chicken with two forks until you get your desired consistency.
Once that is done, serve the chicken over the tortilla chips and top with your favorite toppings.
To Make Crockpot Chicken Nachos You Will Need:
- Slow cooker (THIS one is such a great slow cooker)
- Serving platter or pan
How do you make a nacho bar?
This is open to so many interpretations! You can chicken in the slow cooker and serve it with the nachos and have all the toppings in separate bowls, letting everyone tops the nachos with what they like and enjoy.
Or! You can get crazy with it and line your table with some aluminum foil and spread the tortillas, chicken, cheese, and all the toppings on the nachos, and go to town!
What are the best nacho toppings?
My goodness, there are so many great toppings for nachos! Let me give you a list to start with.
- Diced jalapenos
- Diced tomatoes
- Sour cream
- MORE cheese
- Black olives
- Shredded lettuce
Just to name a few… 😉
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Delicious Mexican sides and dishes:
- 2 Ingredient Cheesy Queso Dip Recipe
- Tex-Mex Fiesta Bake Recipe
- Fully Loaded Guacamole Recipe
- White Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe
- Fresh Cowboy Caviar Dip Recipe – Healthy Appetizer
Easy dinner slow cooker chicken recipes:
- Slow Cooker Ritz Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Nachos Recipe
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cans Rotel tomatoes with green chiles undrained
- Tortilla Chips
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced jalapeno optional
- sliced olives optional
- sliced tomato optional
- salsa optional
- sour cream optional
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, brown sugar and both cans of Rotel tomatoes. Stir to combine and pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- After cooked, shred chicken with two forks. Serve chicken over tortilla chips and top with your favorite toppings.
- Chips and Toppings are not included in nutritional information
- Slow Cooker
- small bowl
- 2 Forks
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.