Beef Stroganoff is a family favorite at our house. I love throwing it into my slow cooker in the morning, then having dinner practically ready when I come home from a long day of running kids to various activities.
I firmly believe, this recipe is the best comfort food out there. It is so creamy and filling, but hearty and delicious at the same time. It’s a win win recipe, and one I know everyone in the family will eat, including picky eaters.
You can serve it over potatoes, pasta, or rice, and everyone will rave about it. It’s the perfect dish, all year round.
Now if you are working or have a busy day, I suggest throwing this in your slow cooker, but if you have time when you get home, I would HIGHLY suggest using the Instant Pot.
It just makes the meat taste SO GOOD.
How to Make Beef Stroganoff in the Instant Pot:
- Making this recipe in the Instant Pot is a little different! Push Saute on your Instant Pot and pour 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in. Put your meat on the bottom of the pan so you can mix it and sear it a little bit. (About 2 minutes)
- Next add your garlic, mushroom, and onions and saute those also for 3 minutes.
- Add 3 Tablespoons of flour into the beef mixture and stir until well combined
- Add your Worcestershire sauce and beef broth (And ketchup and apple juice if you would like)
- Put the lid on your Instant Pot and cook on Manual for 12 minutes.
- Do a quick release, add 16 ounces of Egg Noodles into your pot and add another 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- Close the lid and cook on Manual for 4 minutes. Do another quick release. Mix in 1/2 cup to 1 cup of sour cream and mix it in! If it is too runny, turn the saute button on and let it cook for a little longer!
See How to Make Beef Stroganoff in the Instant Pot (Video)
So, it is time to start this week off right with a delicious slow cooked (or Instant Pot Cooked) meal that takes only a couple of minutes to prep, but tastes like you spent lots of time in the kitchen! I made this for dinner and my husband raved about it all week- definitely a keeper!
If you don’t like egg noodles, then you could easily use potatoes or rice! I personally like the egg noodles, but any of those options are delicious!
Check out our other Stroganoff Recipes:
Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff
Healthier Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Side Dish Ideas for Beef Stroganoff:
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!