We made these shredded beef and sweet potato tacos with a roast that was slow cooked all day. The meat is moist and shreds easily with a fork.
You can also make these tacos with leftover roast or steak from another meal. Cooking a roast all day in the slow cooker is so easy and adds flavor to the tacos.
The kids loved the sweet potatoes in these tacos. It’s the perfect way to add some healthy ingredients and turn it into a simple and healthy dinner.
More healthy add-in options
The options are endless as to all of the ingredients you can add into these tacos. If your family has some favorite taco ingredients, throw them in with the sweet potatoes and beef, or as a taco topping.
The taco add ins make for a very satisfying dinner. Add your favorite taco toppings.
Here are a few of our favorite add ins for these Shredded Beef and Sweet Potato Tacos.
- Black Beans
- Cotija Cheese Crumbles
- Sliced Avocado
- Sliced Olives
- Sliced Peperoncini
Related Article: Looking for more delicious taco recipes? Try our Mediterranean Chicken Pita Tacos!
do you have to serve them on flour tortillas?
We served these on flour tortillas. But you can use this meat in so many ways, and on different types of tortillas and wraps. Here are more ideas for serving-
- Tortilla Chips
- Pita Pockets
- Wheat Tortillas
- Spinach Herb Wraps
- Corn Tortillas
how to make shredded beef and sweet potato tacos
These tacos won’t take long at all if you already have some cooked beef on hand, maybe from a leftover roast from another meal. Steak works great too.
- Place a 1 1/2 pound boneless chuck roast in the slow cooker and pour a 14.5 ounce can low sodium beef broth over the roast. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- At the end of the cooking time, cook the sweet potatoes by placing the potatoes, onions, and taco seasoning in a large skillet.
- Pour water over all. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and cook for a few minutes longer or until potatoes are fork tender and start to brown.
- In another bowl make the dipping sauce. Mix together the sour cream, hot sauce, taco seasoning until smooth and creamy. Set aside for dipping later.
- When beef is done cooking, shred with a fork.
- Add beef to the potato mixture and stir together.
- Spoon onto tortillas and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with the dipping sauce.
helpful items needed for these tacos
- Slow Cooker – This is a great slow cooker with a locking lid for travel.
- Skillet – A nice non stick skillet with a lid.
- Taco Holder – A fun way to serve tacos to your family or a party.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
here are more shredded beef dinner recipes
Did you know that you can easily adapt slow cooker recipes over to the instant pot? Click here to convert Slow Cooker Recipes to Instant Pot.
Here are some delicious shredded beef recipes.
- Baked Shredded Beef Chimichangas
- Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos
- Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef
- Pineapple BBQ Beef Sandwiches
- Instant Pot Shredded Beef Enchiladas
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
Check out this instant pot pot roast recipe. Just dump and go.