We have teamed up with Campbell’s to address something we feel very strong about.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in women in the United States , and with risk factors on the rise, it has never been more important for women to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Campbell Soup Company is committed to women’s health with many products and recipes featuring the American Heart Association heart check mark.
They have had a long-standing partnership with the American Heart Association. Together they have made delicious heart healthy recipes that anyone could incorporate into their daily lives.
Don’t forget to check out Campbell’s Healthy Request Soups for heart healthy recipes your whole family will love.
Today we are sharing one of our favorite heart healthy recipes, Louisiana-Style Chicken, Sausage & Shrimp Skillet. It is full of vegetables, healthy grains and proteins to keep your family full and focused.
It has the most amazing flavor, and is incredibly easy to make. If you are a Louisiana food lover, then this recipe is calling your name.
It is out of this world, delicious.
What is parboiled rice?
Parboiled rice is cooked and served just as you would white or brown rice.
However, because of the special processing, parboiled rice is a better source of fiber, calcium, potassium and vitamin B-6 than regular white rice.
Have you heard about our restaurant copycat cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created it just for you. We wanted to show you how simple and delicious our recipes are.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. We answer all your questions, and help you get the recipe, perfect, each and every time you make it.
If you are looking for more simple and delicious recipes, head over to our channel and check them out.
looking for more fish recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- Quick and Easy Fish Tacos
- Tuna Lettuce Wraps
- Lemon and Dill Salmon
- Healthy Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos
- Easy Baked Salmon
Louisiana Style Chicken Sausage and Shrimp Skillet Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 12 ounces skinless chicken breast halves cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 ounces turkey sausage smoked, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup whole grain brown rice parboiled, uncooked
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 10.75 ounces tomato soup healthy Request
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 ounces uncooked shrimp deveined and peeled
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley chopped
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sausage and cook until browned, stirring often. Remove the chicken and sausage from the skillet. Pour off any fat
- Add the celery, pepper, onion and garlic to the skillet and cook for 7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice, thyme and cayenne pepper to the skillet and cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the soup and water and heat to a boil
- Return the chicken and sausage to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken and shrimp are cooked through and the rice is tender.
- Sprinkle with the parsley, if desired.