I’ve had my Instant Pot for just over a month and I am in LOVE with it! One of my favorite Instant Pot recipes is with a Roast so I thought I would make one of my favorite meals: Shredded Beef Enchiladas!
If you have never heard of a Instant Pot ? they truly are wonderful! I was a little nervous to try it out because I DO NOT like new things. But my husband surprised me for my birthday so I thought I would try it out. Well, I honestly can say I LOVE IT! Instead of cooking my roast for 8 to 10 hours in the slow cooker, It cooked for 60 minutes and was just as tender!
I also threw in some carrots and potatoes so I could have a side dish done all at one time!
If you love our enchiladas, then you’ll love our Baked Shredded Beef Chimichangas!
INSTANT POT SHREDDED BEEF ENCHILADAS RECIPE
- 4 lb Boneless beef chuck roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 10-12 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Season roast with salt and pepper. Select Saute and add oil to the cooking pot. When hot, brown roast on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes. Place into the instant pot.
- Add the chopped onions and pour on the beef broth.
- Select High Pressure and set the timer for 80 minutes. When beep sounds, turn off pressure cooker and allow pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, use a quick pressure release to release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove lid.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove roast into a large plate and shred. Add salsa, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each tortilla with a spoonful of shredded beef and a spoonful of shredded cheese. Roll up and place in the pan, seam-side down. Pour desired amount of enchilada sauce over the filled tortillas. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Instant Pot