We had such a positive response from you that we wanted to introduce you to a couple of their other products also.
My husband Jared loved big, hearty breakfasts.
I, on the other hand, love cold cereal. Opposites attract, right?
Well, after a killer Halloween party at my parents’ house the other night, the kids had a big sleepover with all their cousins and Jared and I had a lazy morning together.
When we woke up (after a glorious 8 hours of sleep), we decided to cook up one of his favorite breakfasts: Sausage Gravy and Biscuits.
The recipe that we usually make is loaded with butter, whole milk, and lots and lots of sausage. And let me tell you- it sticks to your bones all day.
So, being the wonderful and sweet wife that I am, I told him to relax while I took care of breakfast. I was going to change it up a little bit by using Shirley J’s WhiskBliss in lieu of the milk, butter and flour.
For those of you who have never heard of WhiskBliss before, it is basically a universal cooking base that was invented over 30 years ago and has been used (and loved) by home chefs, restaurants, and businesses all over the world.
It can be used in place of cream sauce, canned-cream soups (we know that there are a lot of you who don’t like using cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soups- this is the perfect substitute), milk, or any other cream sauces that are called for in your favorite recipes.
What sides could I serve with this recipe?
We usually just eat this as is, but if you are wanting to make this into a brinner (breakfast for dinner) we recommend eating it with:
- Greek Yogurt Fruit Salad
- Maple Bacon Sweet Potatoes
- Brown Sugar and Black Pepper Bacon
- Easy Hashbrown and Egg Casserole
Watch how to make another favorite breakfast recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This Pecan French Toast is full of sweet caramel pecan goodness. If you have never tried this, we also recommend giving it a go. It’s the best way to wake up. We even have it for “brinner” some nights (breakfast for dinner).
Watch how simple it is to make, here:
looking for more breakfast recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- Puff Pastry Cherry Turnovers
- Pineapple Banana Bread
- Overnight Raspberry French Toast
- The Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- Instant Pot Biscuits and Gravy
- Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Sausage Gravy and Biscuits Recipe
- 1 pound turkey sausage
- 1 ½ cups Shirley J Whisk Bliss original
- 6 cups water
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup shortening
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, crumble sausage and cook until browned. Drain drippings from pan. In a large bowl, mix together Whisk Bliss and water until smooth. Pour into the skillet with the sausage crumbles and stir. Add in seasoned salt. Bring gravy mixture to a boil and continue to cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until gravy has thickened.
- While waiting for the gravy to cook, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cream of tartar in a bowl. Cut in the shortening (I just use a regular ol' butter knife to do this) until the mixture is crumbly. In a small bowl, mix together the egg and milk and add to the crumb mixture. Stir until the mixture is moist.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls of the dough on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes (or until the biscuits are golden)
- Serve biscuits with a large ladle full of gravy spooned on top.
- Large Skillet
- Baking Sheet
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!