These Instant Pot Biscuits and gravy recipe is a favorite in our house. Plus, it’s easy to make for a crowd.
Kids always love it, so we’ve been known to have it for dinner with friends when we have a whole passel of kids to feed and keep happy!
Making it in the Instant Pot is a quick and easy way to bring homemade sausage gravy to your table, whether you’re having it for breakfast, brunch, or dinner.
How to Make Instant Pot Sausage Gravy
The first step is to get your biscuits baking. If you don’t have a go-to recipe, we highly recommend giving our Easy 7 Up Biscuits a try. Or cooking the store bought ones still taste delicious!
For the gravy, start by pushing the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot. Adjust it to “more.”
Then, add the sausage and bacon to the pot. Break up the sausage with a wooden spoon or Chop Stir.
Brown the sausage for about 5 minutes. Do not drain the grease.
Next, add in the chicken broth.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock into place. Turn the valve to “sealing,” not “venting.”
Set the manual button or pressure cook button to 5 minutes. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and milk in a medium bowl.
When the Instant Pot beeps, quick release the pressure and remove the lid. Press the cancel button and then the SAUTE button once more.
Add the milk/flour mixture and salt and pepper. Whisk well.
Stir until the gravy is thick and bubbly and serve over fresh biscuits.
When do you eat Instant Pot Biscuits and Gravy?
What is your family’s favorite time to eat biscuits and gravy? Here are some of ours:
- Brunch: Perfect for a lazy Saturday morning
- Christmas (or other special holidays): Perfect for filling hungry tummies on an exciting day
- Camping: If you’re going camping and have access to an electrical outlet, take your Instant Pot along for a tasty morning meal (consider making biscuits before you go and store them in a sealable plastic bag.
- Feeding a crowd: Breakfast, brunch, or dinner, this is a great meal to share with friends. Leave the Instant Pot on “Keep warm” setting.
Doubling the Biscuits and Gravy Recipe:
We promise that everyone will come back for more. This Instant Pot Sausage Gravy is just that good.
When doubling the recipe, increase the amount of ingredients, but there is no need to adjust the cooking time.
Make sure to stir well so that you don’t have any stick to the bottom of your Instant Pot and so it won’t burn to the bottom when on SAUTE mode.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE Instant Pot Sausage Gravy:
Check out our Youtube Channel. We will show you how to make this tasty Instant Pot Sausage Gravy.
Each recipe on our channel and blog is tried and true, so you know they will be tasty.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. Watch how to make simple and delicious recipes, here.
Check out these other breakfast recipes:
Instant Pot Biscuits and Gravy Recipe
- 1 pound ground sausage
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Homemade or canned biscuits
- Push the Saute button on the Instant Pot.
- Add the sausage to the pot. Break up the sausage with a wooden spoon or Chop and stir.
- Brown the sausage for about 5 minutes. Do not drain the grease.
- Next, add in the chicken broth. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock into place. Turn the valve to SEALING
- Set the manual button (pressure cook button) to 5 minutes.
- Next, whisk together the flour and milk in a separate bowl.
- When the Instant Pot beeps, quick release the pressure and remove the lid.
- Press the cancel button and then the SAUTE button once more. Add the milk/flour mixture. Add in the salt and pepper.
- Stir until the gravy is thick and bubbly.
- Serve over fresh biscuits.
- When doubling the recipe, increase the amount of ingredients, but there is no need to adjust the cooking time.
- Instant Pot
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!