I love girl scout cookie season, but now thanks to Keebler’s Coconut Dreams cookies I don’t have to wait for March to roll around.
They taste almost identical to the real thing. After trying them, I knew I had to find a way to incorporate them into a recipe.
My mom and a few sisters came over and we ate way too much of this yummy popcorn….and I may have finished it off after they left.
With caramel popcorn, toasted coconut, cookie chunks and drizzled chocolate it is bound to be a family favorite.
If you are a Samoa’s cookie lover, your life is about to be changed forever. This recipe is out of this world, delicious.
how long and well does this last?
Popcorn is more of a tricky food to preserve. You can’t refrigerate or freeze it, so this is more of an immediate snack food, that would be perfect for feeding a crowd.
We recommend making and eating this recipe within the same day. It would be good in an airtight container for about 6 days, but we highly recommend eating it within the first 24 hours of preparing it.
If you don’t have a large enough air tight container to keep it in, you can also wrap your bowl in saran wrap or foil. Sometimes I will even do a few layers of saran wrap.
You can also keep it in a large gallon ziplock bag, with all the air sucked out.
Related recipe: want even more Samoa recipes? Try our Samoa Brownies!
could i make this recipe using other cookies?
For this recipe, we recommend using a caramel-y cookie. The coconut and chocolate is also a plus. However, this recipe would also taste just as delicious with:
- Twix Candy Bar Chunks
- Milky Way Candy Bar Chunks
- Snickers Candy Bar Chunks
- Keebler Striped Cookies
- Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers
We definitely recommend using the Samoa Cookies, but really any cookie or candy would work great with this recipe.
watch how to make another delicious popcorn recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
I love all kinds of popcorn, but I will say, popcorn with toppings is the best. This Rocky Road Popcorn has all your favorite toppings and it is so simple to throw together. Watch how to make this easy recipe, here:
Looking for more delicious popcorn recipes? Here are a few of our favorite:
- Homemade Caramel Popcorn
- Butterfinger Popcorn
- Snickers Popcorn
- Rocky Road Popcorn
- Peanut Butter Reeses Popcorn
Samoas Popcorn Recipe
- 1 cup popcorn kernels popped
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8.5 ounces Keebler Coconut Dream Cookies 1 package, (or Girl Scout Samoas, roughly chopped)
- 2 cups toasted coconut
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips melted
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Place popped popcorn in a large mixing bowl.
- Over medium heat boil butter, brown sugar, salt and corn syrup for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda.
- Pour over popcorn and mix gently until popcorn is well coated.
- After the popcorn is coated, spread onto a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle chopped cookies and toasted coconut over top of popcorn and put in oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave in a microwave safe dish stirring every 20 seconds until smooth
- Drizzle melted chocolate over top of popcorn.
- Set at room temp for about 30 minutes for chocolate to set up.
1 cup of popcorn kernels equals about 4 quarts popped popcorn.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Microwave Safe Bowl
Never Miss Another Six Sisters’ Recipe Again:
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram |Facebook |Pinterest | YouTube
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!
Questions & Reviews