I’m a lover of all things raspberry, all things cream cheese, and all things scone. Today, I’ve put all three together and created possibly the most delicious, addicting, and just simply amazing combination of all time.
These cream cheese scones are a new breakfast favorite. Don’t let making scones intimidate you, if I can make them, so can you.
I have always thought that scones would be so hard to make. I love getting them at bakeries, and I have had the deep fried scones and even made those before, but for some reason, these kind of scones terrified me.
I decided to just give them a shot, and they were actually extremely easy. I have never been successful at making bread or really any dough recipes, but this is one I feel super confident about, because they are so simple.
what does it mean by cutting butter into flour?
Cutting butter into flour, is a trick that bakers or pastry makers use, to really combine the flour and butter. You don’t want melted butter, when dealing with scones.
You want it cold/slightly softened to room temperature.
For cutting butter, here is what I recommend doing.
- I usually use a hand mixer, and pulse the butter and flour. You don’t want them completely combined, but just have the butter in little chunks. The flour will appear to have more, than the butter.
- Using a stick of frozen butter and a cheese grater, grate the cheese over the dry ingredients.
- You could also take two sharp knifes, one in both hands, and slice the butter across each other. For a better reference and visual of this, watch this clip, below:
Learn how to Cut Butter Into Flour HERE
how many does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 8 regular size scones. You could make them a little smaller, but let’s be honest, the more scone you get to eat, the better.
watch how to make another favorite raspberry dessert, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
Watch how to make another raspberry inspired dessert recipe, here:
looking for more raspberry desserts? here are a few of our favorite:
Raspberry Cream Cheese Scones Recipe
- 6 Tablespoons butter cold and unsalted
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream + 1 Tablespoon
- 6 ounces raspberries fresh or frozen
Cream cheese glaze:
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients. Flour, Baking Powder, Sugar, and Salt.
- Gently cut in butter with knives, or use a pastry machine until only a few lumps of butter remain. (See link below for instructional video)
- Pour 1 cup heavy cream over mixture and stir gently with rubber spatula just until dough begins to form. Be careful not to over mix during this step.
- Gently fold in raspberries, they will get a little smashed but that is okay!
- Over lightly floured surface, knead dough a few times until you can form a ball.
- Flatten out dough into 8 inch circle, and cut into even triangles. We got 8 scones (see picture).
- Lay triangles of dough flat on cookie sheet.
- Brush the top of each scone with remaining Heavy Cream.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until scones begin turning golden brown around the edges.
- While scones cool, make cream cheese glaze by placing all ingredients in a bowl and beating until well combined.
- Drizzle Cream Cheese Glaze over scones and serve warm.
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!