Fall is here and I am in my heaven because there are pumpkin desserts everywhere! This pumpkin butterscotch bundt cake is the perfect combination of flavors!
Pumpkin Butterscotch Bundt Cake Recipe
- 1 (15 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mix, pumpkin, oil, eggs, water and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir in the butterscotch chips and pour batter into a bundt pan sprayed heavily with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan for about 90 minutes before inverting onto a plate. If desired, dust the cake with powdered sugar or top with the best brown sugar frosting.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat.
- Mix in the brown sugar and cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the milk and bring to a boil, stirring the entire time.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes and then spread on top of a cooled cake.