I tend to get a little bit lazy in preparing vegetables. My husband recently informed me that he can’t handle anymore bags of steamed veggies, so I made this delicious alternative.It received rave reviews from my family! We served this with our Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken and it was the perfect meal!
Serves: 6 people
Asparagus with Maple Mustard Glaze Recipe
This easy asparagus side dish is a great change of pace for your veggies!
- 2 pounds asparagus
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup (maple-flavored syrup or honey can be substituted)
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus spears.
- In 12-inch skillet or 4-quart Dutch oven, heat 1 inch water (salted if desired) to boiling.
- Add asparagus. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender; drain.
- In a small bowl, mix maple syrup, Dijon mustard and oil. Drizzle over asparagus and serve immediately.
Calories: 93 kcal · Carbohydrates: 11 g · Protein: 4 g · Fat: 5 g · Saturated Fat: 1 g · Sodium: 60 mg · Potassium: 327 mg · Fiber: 3 g · Sugar: 7 g · Vitamin A: 1147 IU · Vitamin C: 9 mg · Calcium: 46 mg · Iron: 3 mg
(Recipe from The Sisters Cafe)