Fall has me wanting all of my favorite comfort foods. Warm soup, pastas, and casseroles. A full meal and only one dish to wash when its over, we love this turkey spaghetti.
I don’t know if there is anyone out there, more passionate about one pan or one pot meals, than me. I am all about them. I love how simple they are, and how I only have to clean up one dish.
There is nothing worse than having a sink full of pots and pans after a long day. This makes cleanup tidy, simple and fast.
Not to mention how delicious this meal is. It’s like spaghetti has been more simplified and made more delicious. I didn’t know it was possible either, until I had this.
Your family is going to love it. Give it a try, and let us know how they like it (or love it).
Tips for making one pot turkey spaghetti
- The key to this recipe, is staying by it, while it cooks. It requires stirring quite often, and checking on ingredients to make sure they are fully cooked.
- I also prefer rinsing and draining my turkey when cooking it. It doesn’t talk about this in the recipe instructions, but I have a happier tummy when there is less grease in it.To do this, I simply run the meat under water, and use a spatula, or a drainer, to let the water and grease out. I repeat this step two or three times, just to be sure.I do this step, when the meat is fully cooked and there is no pink left.I then put the ground turkey back on the stove, so it can remain warm as I add the other ingredients to it.
- I am all about short cuts. This recipe is pretty quick to throw together, but the one shortcut I did find was purchasing pre-shredded mozzarella cheese. Then again, this is all I buy.I don’t even think I have a cheese grater anymore?
What would I need to change if I used Beef instead of turkey
This recipe is extremely versatile. You could easily switch out the turkey, for beef. If you do happen to switch these ingredients out for each other, you may want to consider using beef broth instead of chicken.
Other than that, the recipe will be the same. It will also be delicious, either way.
Related article: love a great spaghetti dish? Try our Easy Chicken Spaghetti.
Looking for a side dish?
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your picky eaters will love it, too.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
Looking for more spaghetti recipes?
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Ground Turkey Spaghetti Sauce
One Pot Creamy Spaghetti and Sauce
One Pot Turkey Spaghetti Recipe
- 48 ounces spaghetti sauce 2 (24 ounce jars)
- 1 pound thin spaghetti noodles
- 15 ounces chicken broth 1 can
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium onion roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Over medium heat, brown turkey in bottom of a large (12") braising pan or dutch oven pan.
- Pour 1 jar of pasta sauce and chicken broth into pan. Break spaghetti noodles in half and toss with sauce and broth. Add tomatoes, onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Pour other jar of spaghetti sauce and 1 cup of water into the pan and turn heat on high.
- Once it starts to boil, turn heat down to medium heat and let cook for 9-10 minutes (or until the noodles are al dente), stirring every couple of minutes so that the noodles don't stick together and it is evenly cooked.
- Turn heat down to low and stir in mozzarella cheese. Let it cook over the low heat for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Scoop into individual servings and top with fresh parsley and shredded Parmesan cheese (if desired).
- This recipe is extremely versatile. You could easily switch out the turkey, for beef. If you do happen to switch these ingredients out for each other, you may want to consider using beef broth instead of chicken.
- Large Dutch Oven Pan
- Wooden Spoon
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Questions & Reviews