When my parents first met my fiance’s parents – I was super nervous. Probably because I thought that by the end of the meal, they would have decided that Andrew and I shouldn’t get married! Luckily, over loads of good food (and some Colombian charm ;)) they got along great. My soon-to-be father-in-law (in 3 days!!! woo!) made this delicious marinated pork loin, and I am pretty sure I ate about 3 pounds worth. It was AMAZING. The best part? It’s only two ingredients! And he shared his special grilling secret with me – just keep the temp low and cook slow! Enjoy!
MARINATED PORK LOIN RECIPE
- 4 pound pork loin roast
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle italian salad dressing
- The night before, place the pork loin in an airtight container (or a ziploc bag) and cover completely with 3/4 of the bottle of Italian dressing. Set aside the remaining dressing for cooking. Place pork loin in the fridge and let marinate overnight (it makes it REALLY tender!).
- When you're ready to cook it, set your grill to the lowest heat setting (the trick is to cook it low and slow).
- Set the whole pork loin directly on the grill and cook each side for a couple of minutes (I did about 5 minutes a side). Then cut the loin into 1" slices. Baste each slice with the remaining Italian dressing.
- You should flip the slices every three minutes or so, basting with marinade each time you do.
- Grill until the internal temperature of each 1" slice of pork reaches between 145-160 degrees F (depending on how you like your pork).
- Total grill time was about 30 minutes, but it will vary depending on the heat of your grill.