Take your pork roast to the next level with this easy and flavorful dish that can be make in your slow cooker!
I don’t know what it is about summer, but as soon as the temperatures start to climb, I just do not feel like making dinner! Maybe it’s because I don’t want to spend any time over a hot stove or after playing in the sun all day, I am just too tired to cook . . . whatever it is, it’s bad! I don’t feel good about getting take-out or ordering a pizza everyday, so many times I will use my slow cooker to make a meal that I feel good about feeding my family!
This dinner is easy and delicious – and if you wanted to, you could easily make it a freezer meal (I included the instructions in the recipe just in case you wanted to make it a freezer meal).
And now, onto the recipe!
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Pork Roast Recipe
- 3 pound pork roast
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar divided
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon red chile pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons cold water
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Rub roast with 1/4 cup brown sugar. Place roast in crock pot.
- In a bowl, mix together chicken broth, teriyaki sauce, remaining brown sugar, ginger, garlic, chili pepper flakes, black pepper and onion powder. Pour on top of roast. Cook on low for 6-7 hours OR high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker and place on plate. Shred with two forks.
- In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and cold water, then add to the liquid that remains in the slow cooker. Let cook on high in the slow cooker for 5-10 minutes or until it starts to thicken (to speed up this process, you could pour the remaining liquid in a saucepan and heat on your stove top over high heat until the sauce thickens up). Pour sauce on top of shredded pork.
- Serve over rice and with stir-fried vegetables.
- To make this a freezer meal, rub roast with brown sugar and place roast in a gallon-sized resealable freezer bag. In a bowl, mix together chicken broth, teriyaki sauce, remaining brown sugar, ginger, garlic, chili pepper flakes, black pepper and onion powder. Pour on top of roast in bag. Seal bag and place in the freezer. When ready to eat, remove from freezer and place in fridge for 12-24 hours so that it can thaw. Pour contents of bag in slow cooker and follow the cooking and serving directions above.
- Mixing Bowl
- Slow Cooker
Questions & Reviews