This Southwest Pasta Bake was a huge hit with the kids! It was full of flavor and made enough for 2 meals! You could also double the recipe, bake it, and stick it in the freezer for another day or for a friend!
Southwest Pasta Bake Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ onion chopped
- 16 ounces salsa
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 12 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 cup corn
- 15 ounces black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add your ground turkey, garlic, and onion and cook until meat is browned and onions are soft. Drain grease. Then add salsa, tomato paste, and tomato sauce to the meat mixture.
- Cook for a 2 minutes then add your spinach, corn, black beans and taco seasoning and cook for another 2 minutes.
- In a separate pan, cook your pasta per package instructions.
- In a 9 x 13 inch pan, add your noodles and meat sauce and mix well.
- Bake for 20 minutes, sprinkle shredded mozzarella over top of the dish and continue baking for 5 more minutes.
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan